F-day

lets all pray that when the fday emu's are released in the gbax comp all will be fixed as davec says and the days of 4 split screen f-emus are over!!!

Look on Gbax. It says something like:
There sure are alot of emulator releases for gp32 Its F'ing crazy.
So i assume that they'll be released in the compo...
But im trying not to keep my hopes up if it isnt.. :)

lets all pray that when the fday emu's are released in the gbax comp all will be fixed as davec says and the days of 4 split screen f-emus are over!!!

* Chimes in *

It's fixed, AFAIK ... I have yet to experience this spilt-screen bug in the fday betas ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Is THAT when they were supposed to be released? Wow. I had no idea it was his intention to release them for the competition.

Well yes and no. He will release beta versions of SOME of his emus (4 I think which would be fCol, fMSX, fZX, fGB) and they are not yet final. They will be "sneak peeks" at how they are going. There will still be some changes to the GUI and small bugfixes that will make it into the final fDay release.

In preparation for the great day, anyone got any good suggestions as to where I can buy a cheap 128smc?

I wanna start afresh, try out all these unknown systems etc....

It'll be lovely!

Woo hoo this is great, i didnt think we would get Rlyehs emulators for a while but it seems that he has a few in this competition.

Perhaps we might see a few new emulators from other people also, the way Craig is saying about the amount of emus. Great stuff ! Cant wait !! Just wanna read those results ASAP !

Woo hoo this is great, i didnt think we would get Rlyehs emulators for a while but it seems that he has a few in this competition.

Perhaps we might see a few new emulators from other people also, the way Craig is saying about the amount of emus. Great stuff ! Cant wait !! Just wanna read those results ASAP !

I second you on that ;p
I always got a gbax & a gp32x web page opened to refresh it wishing we can get some big news soon :))

just a couple of weeks ago people were casting spells of doom over the gp32, saying that new emu's and updates were going to dry up but if anything, it's looks as if the scene is as rosy as ever!!

Lets hope gbax gets the entries on tonight so we can seriously playtest these puppies all weekend!!

just a couple of weeks ago people were casting spells of doom over the gp32, saying that new emu's and updates were going to dry up but if anything, it's looks as if the scene is as rosy as ever!!
Oh, people were saying that when I got into the scene back last September... and since then, we've gotten PERFECT Genesis emulation and a very promising MAME emu.

Now with 12 emus coming, I think those people were and will continue to be completely wrong.

Oh, people were saying that when I got into the scene back last September... and since then, we've gotten PERFECT Genesis emulation and a very promising MAME emu.

i think genesis emulation is excellent too but it's nowhere near perfect, as side scrolling is still choppy at fast speeds being the largest problem, although i believe reesy could sort this out within a couple of extra builds if we can sweet talk him into continuing with it (large hint!!)

My dream for GP32 emulation is for all emus that CAN be 100% get to 100%. This would be all 8-bit systems and Genesis (SNES may be just out of reach for 100% w/sound). I also would like to see some that have been passed over like Apple II, Intellivision, Vectrex etc.

After that who cares if no more versions of emus are released? Would we really need more than one of each emu if the one that already exists is perfect? I don't think so.

Maybe then coders can do other stuff if emus are 100%

Back