GP2X F200 Test

kevcal said:
spoyser said:
I will look in to the HW blitter stuff as soon as I get chance.

Well it's extra power (if needed) going begging with very few changes required...
Depends if you need it I guess :)
Presumably even if it isn't needed, using the extra power will enable it to run at lower clock speeds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I would think so - hadn't considered underclocking. :)

I've had to spend time working rather than messing with Allegro at the moment, but I will knock together some info about what you need to do to get the HW blitter utilised. Also I'll release another (better) debug library..

Anyone have any other issues with Allegro that would benefit a few trace/debug messages while I'm at it?

Just for you to know:

The problem with Stella and a few other SDL programs is exactly the same as with Allegro. I just changed the following values in the stellarc config file and it worked:

CODE
freq = 22050
tiafreq = 22050

More infos in this thread.

Thanks to kevcal, Parkydr and slaanesh for the suggestions!

Regards,
Stephan

My initial (quick) stab at explaining GP2X Allegro optimising; hope it's of interest/help to someone:

GP2X Allegro Optimising - Page Flipping and Blitter

Also new Allegro libs normal and 'debug' uploaded:

New Allegro Libraries

EDIT:
There is something I forgot to mention, create_video_bitmap() size 320x240 before creating sprite bitmaps (else you'll overwrite them with bmp[page])- this 'jumps' the system 'screen' bitmap - I'll explain better in the doc when I get round to it... ;)

hi dudes, i tried the patch but i'm not able to run Alex the Alligator, it have the same problem mame and pocketsnes had, it freeze if launched with sound on f200.

i changed also the frequency on alex.ini file with no luck

Strange sounds like the same problem... does the game play .mod music - maybe whatever player it uses is using a non-F200 comaptible frequency...?

Also, shouldn't it the file be alex4.cfg...??

kevcal said:
Also, shouldn't it the file be alex4.cfg...??
I've had a look at Alex the Allegator 4 (I assume that's what we're talking about) and the file is alex4.ini.

Adding sound_freq at the end of the existing [sound] section after sfx_path changes the sound on my F-100, so if it's the same problem, that should fix it.

CODE

sfx_path = sfx/22KHz

sound_freq = 44100

I'm trying to get to the bottom of the left-right audio channel swap bug (dac channel interleave) that I've noticed occurs in a few applications:

Can an F200 owner do a test for me - put
sound_freq=48000
in an allegro.cfg file and see if that works on the F200...?

EDIT: value fix

Nope, "Set Rate Error".

Here are some frequencies I've tested successfully so far with the F-200:

Regards,
Stephan

Excellent - thanks sbock - that's all the info required :)

Sorry had put 48100 instead of 48000 ;) Well spotted - have amended my post..

In summary, the following frequencies work on the F200 (and F100):

48000 Hz

Thanks to sbock for that.

Back