fallout 1&2

Lao Rebel

i'm interested in emulating fallout 1 & 2 on Pandora i been waiting for those games to be brought to pandora. is anyone working on this? b/c i would love to have these two classic pc games playable on Pandora.

Not sure about Fallout 2, but Ingories had it working with Qemu a while ago.. 

https://www.youtube.com/embed/EubqkAZ3-50?feature=oembed

Using the commercial x86 emulation software ( exagear desktop) and wine (assuming windows version) it may be a bit more playable using that..

Both solutions are not really plug and play friendly especially exagear desktop as it's commercial software and a hacky script to get it to work on the Pandora and even after that still requires a lot of tweaking.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have actually played fallout 1 and 2 with just dosbox... It was slow but possibly playable, maybe ill give it another shot and let you know how it goes..

Damn I was hoping somebody ported over these games... that would have been amazing..

Damn I was hoping somebody ported over these games... that would have been amazing..
Unless someone releases the source code or the outside chance that Notaz would do something similar to his Starcraft static recompile.. which I doubt he would do as that took months of hard work to complete.

There is an effort of making an opensourceengine for those but it is still far away from playable.

So, Dosbox, Qemu or Exagear.

Fallout in dosbox == no joy

Tried it on my GHz pandora, tweaked what's possible. It does run, yes and the setup is straightforward, but its really slow and hardly enjoyable.

Fallout in dosbox == no joy

Tried it on my GHz pandora, tweaked what's possible. It does run, yes and the setup is straightforward, but its really slow and hardly enjoyable.
Exagear is probably going to be our best bet. Otherwise, the new engine in the works to play fallout on multi platforms but it will take a while.

Back