Beta Fallout

liveunderwater

熱いソース
I've got my fingers crossed, hoping that notaz or ptitSeb stumbles upon a way to make Fallout 1 fully playable on the Pandora. I've never played 1 or 2 but I really liked the system in 3. Looking at screens for the first games and seeing so many people here say nice things about them I would really like to add them to my Pandora. I need a new game to play while sitting at the Laundromat anyhow.

lunarwhale

Still Fresh
Hot damn, one of my favorite games in a very playable state on the Pandora. Doin' God's work here, Seb.

Skin-nl

Thanks ptitSeb for this great port!!!!
I,ve played fallout many many hours back in the day.
But i wait when its fully playable on the Pandora.

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
New build on the repo, with an updated version of DosBOX. This version should be a bit faster but unfortunatly not fast enough for smooth gameplay.
It can be ok, without the anoying micro-freeze, if you disable the music (in the option once a game is started, or edit the FALLOUT.CFG file directly).

Build 03
-------------

• New DosBOX build. Should be faster
  • Hint: disable music for faster gameplay.

freds_shadow

I put my gog executable in the base folder (appdata/Fallout, I believe, just below the FALLOUT directory and the same directory as the readme.txt). I then start the pnd, but it then gives me a dialogue saying I can now delete the exe file, and asks if I want to. Yes/No doesn't matter because it hasn't done anything with the file. It'll create the FALLOUT directory, but there'll be nothing in it, and it'll just complain that I haven't put the executable in the directory.

In other words, it isn't unpacking the executable. I've tried rename it in case it's looking for setup_fallout.exe without the version info, but it likes that even less and doesn't seem to know the exe is there after renaming it.

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
I put my gog executable in the base folder (appdata/Fallout, I believe, just below the FALLOUT directory and the same directory as the readme.txt). I then start the pnd, but it then gives me a dialogue saying I can now delete the exe file, and asks if I want to. Yes/No doesn't matter because it hasn't done anything with the file. It'll create the FALLOUT directory, but there'll be nothing in it, and it'll just complain that I haven't put the executable in the directory.

In other words, it isn't unpacking the executable. I've tried rename it in case it's looking for setup_fallout.exe without the version info, but it likes that even less and doesn't seem to know the exe is there after renaming it.
Can you put here the file /tmp/pndrun_fallout.out so I can check what's wrong?

freds_shadow

I re-downloaded, and it's extracting. The installer I'd been using was listed as 490MB, but it was actually 52MB. Thanks for your time.