fastest asus eee pc?

I'm too old for a vehicle that'll comfortably do 100mph (not to mention the risk)... and too young to have the midlife crisis where I would obtain such a vehicle.  ;-)

I'm too old for a vehicle that'll comfortably do 100mph (not to mention the risk)... and too young to have the midlife crisis where I would obtain such a vehicle.  ;-)
I just have a base model Subaru Impreza with no modifications or anything.. I've had it up to 125mph easily. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a Ford Ranger now, but when I was younger I had an '81 Chevy Luv.  I could get it up to 70* 

* going downhill with a tailwind.

I used to be a pickup truck guy for years, but got sick of paying the gas bill for it since I have an hour each direction commute to work everyday.. Not to mention living in Vermont, I was always sliding all over the place in the wintertime..

Oh well I really derailed this thread..

An SSD upgrade doesn't hurt with the snappy either for a netbook. If you do t need a lot of storage you can definitely pick up 32 to 64 gb drives cheap these days.
Can you recommend a good one?   The specs say it uses a SATA drive, but I see Sata-1, 2, 3 being sold... will the higher versions work?   (I have a 1015PED unit)

An SSD upgrade doesn't hurt with the snappy either for a netbook. If you do t need a lot of storage you can definitely pick up 32 to 64 gb drives cheap these days.
Can you recommend a good one? The specs say it uses a SATA drive, but I see Sata-1, 2, 3 being sold... will the higher versions work? (I have a 1015PED unit)
They work... But you won't get any speed benefits out of them.

The 1015E looks to be the last/latest one from Asus... they moved to a dual core celeron instead of the atom... which increased performance (albeit still somewhat short of the i3), but reduced battery life and increased heat.

Wow, my 1025CE already gets hot (well, if you have it resting on your body, thus blocking the vents a bit) - even bought me one of those netbook fan trays to keep it elevated.

I was tempted to get an SSD, but I'm not reopening the case, when we opened it to update the RAM, you had to use screwdrivers to seperate the plastic, and all the edges are pretty rough now. Though I suppose, it's already rough now... but still, it was a pain.

Nope, they decided against that for that model. Which was pretty annoying. Even my Samsung had one.

Technically, Asus claimed that memory wasn't capable of being upgraded, but that was obviously untrue.

Amazon still sells the 1015e refurbished, but I've not found anyone selling the 1025ce as of yet.  Ebay's had a couple in the last month, but none active atm.

Back