[Feature Request] Tweaking The Opening Mechanism

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're talking differences of less than 10 degrees, not 20-40. I'll reserve judgment until I've held one. I have a hard time believing these dudes got so much right and this wrong. I have an even harder time believing this is something that will alter my enjoyment of the device.

borgqueenx said:
Sorry, but the how i hold the DS is perfect, but when i put it back 20~40o back, its not really confortable to hold anymore.
Do you even know how big a degree is? The DS locks at 170 and 180 degrees. If you're pushing it back 20 degrees, of course it'll be uncomfortable. The Pandora probably locks at about 175 degrees.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looked like there was plenty of friction even without 'locks'. I really doubt that the screen will be flopping around at any position.

The hinge works as it was designed to. There's no error. There's no cover up. The difference in viewing the Pandora display over the DS is non-existant. Don't forget the Pandora LCD has a 176 degree viewing angle which means you don't need any specific angle to view the screen before the colors wash out like the DS does.

I think it locks in the perfect position. If it had gone to 180 it would be too far and just looks wrong if I manually pull it back that far.

As WizardStan points out the few degrees of difference you are talking about mean nothing. If there was a lock at 150 degrees that would be a more significant difference but at that angle, I'm staring at the top of the lid and looking down on the screen. The LCD still isn't washed out but it's a pointless position. 160 is a little better but I can still see the top of the lid.

The position chosen is perfect for a person holding the system in front of them. You should probably wait until you have yours before starting all of these topics.

could always mod them for door hinges.. awesome home mod tutorial coming soon.. just need some standard door hinges and 4 screws.

that*s about the 3rd thread about that f****g lock-position of the hinge. If you don't like it at 170°, just don't open it so far. This isn't a NDS, it has a totally different design.

MWeston said:
I think it locks in the perfect position. If it had gone to 180 it would be too far and just looks wrong if I manually pull it back that far.

[…]
The position chosen is perfect for a person holding the system in front of them. You should probably wait until you have yours before starting all of these topics.

OK, I trust you (you held it, unlike me).

You may want to have this thread closed. My apologies to have started it. I didn't mean to start a FUD campaign (yet I did).

Last edited by a moderator:
To be completely honest it looks quite stiff, much firmer than a laptop hinge and they hold ok. You'll hold the screen with one hand while you tap at it so it's no problem. I reckon it's firm enough to hold anywhere you leave it.

Also, do you really want more delays?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back