Feedback for repo.openpandora.org

One more suggestion for the repo concerning your "top X" ratings:

Would be nice if the according attribute would be displayed next to the record in those rankings:

• Most Downloaded -> Number of downloads
  • Top rated -> Avg rating, number of ratings
  • Latest -> Update Date

Thereby you could better grasp the distances between the consecutive records, rather than just having an order with equal distances from record to record.

Hey there, I haven't been around for a while, last time I saw your repo it was in its infancy, so nice to see the progress that has been made!

Good job!

Steve

ok last night I added a basic "auto-complete" to the search box: i.e. if you have javascript enabled and you begin typing in the title of an app in the repo, it will try to guess what app you are typing and give you a drop down list from which you can click with your mouse.

please give the a try and let me know what you think.

I will be improving it asap to give the end user the option to sarch either author or title and also add pagnation to the dropdown to prevent the list from being overly long when you only add a couple of letters.

Looks good and works well.

It would be nice if you could leave the input and go down through the list using the cursor keys.

The list could end either at the bottom of the screen or have a fixed height, so that i fits the Pandora screen. In both cases having a scrollbar would be nice.

BTW I like the repo a lot, much better than apps.o.o in function and design. I also like the idea of giving download numbers, but wouldn't know where to put them without changing the layout. Maybe a relation is enough, could be realised with progress bar-like seperators between the list entries (most downloaded etc.).

It would be nice if you could leave the input and go down through the list using the cursor keys.

The list could end either at the bottom of the screen or have a fixed height, so that i fits the Pandora screen. In both cases having a scrollbar would be nice.
I plan on doing something very similar in the next couple of days when I get the chance.

BTW I like the repo a lot, much better than apps.o.o in function and design.

Update:

auto complete has now been improved, you can search for titles or authors.

if you use the up/down arrow keys you can highlight a suggestion and if you press return to select the suggestion one of the following will happen:

1. if you have title selected this will take you directly to the app page.
  2. if you have author selected this will take you to the search page containing apps by this author.

if you press the left/right arrow keys you can skip on to the next/previous page of results.

you can also use the mouse to browse through the page of selections by clicking on the page numbers or the arrows at either side.

and finally if you want to you can just click on a suggestion with the mouse instead to take you to that apps details page or a list of that authors apps.

hope you find this useful, if you find a bug or have any issues let me know.

the old search will still work for those that do not use javascript or as long as you have not highlighted a suggestion with the arrow keys and you press return the standard search will kick in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the repo through my browser, through the store itself however it is slow as hell. It took 2 hours to update firefox last time I tried it and that was over ethernet. I just quit and downloaded the pnd directly from the repo. It's great having everything in 1 place though.

I love the repo through my browser, through the store itself however it is slow as hell. It took 2 hours to update firefox last time I tried it and that was over ethernet. I just quit and downloaded the pnd directly from the repo. It's great having everything in 1 place though.
Have you tried using Pandorama? its also a pandora Package but is more advanced and sexy looking that PNDstore, give it a try.

one you have run the app for the first time, close it, go to the panorama appdata directory and edit the settings so that the default UI is MilkyTest, save it, then re load panorama, its amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/_fjZ-JWTOIk?feature=oembed

Yep, don't blame milkshake for that, that one's my fault. There have been occasional reports of PNDstore having downloads effectively stop, but I don't know what could cause it. It might be that Python's inbuilt downloader just isn't as robust as that of a browser. But hopefully MilkyTest works a little better for you.

Don't get me wrong I wasn't putting PNDstore down, I know you haven't really had the time to work on it, and put it this way, without it where would we be now?

Have you tried using Pandorama? its also a pandora Package but is more advanced and sexy looking that PNDstore, give it a try.

one you have run the app for the first time, close it, go to the panorama appdata directory and edit the settings so that the default UI is MilkyTest, save it, then re load panorama, its amazing.
To complicated for me. :D Does this Milks thing comes without this nice UI? I don't want to build this stuff from hand. Panorama looks nice but the lack of Programms that really use it indicates that it is more or less a in-Dev thingy and not really easy to use.

However, PND Store was not updated since a long time, I hope it is not forgotten. I actualy use the Repo to download my stuff. Only disadvantage is, that Midori crashes when it overwrites files after downloading. :( So a decent PND Updater like PND Store is actualy the better choice. Maybe Panorama UI can also work with PND Store and other programms some day.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/_fjZ-JWTOIk?feature=oembed

Thank you sir. I will give this a try. Looks most excellent from the video.

To complicated for me. :D Does this Milks thing comes without this nice UI? I don't want to build this stuff from hand. Panorama looks nice but the lack of Programms that really use it indicates that it is more or less a in-Dev thingy and not really easy to use.

what do you mean? panorama with the milkytest UI uses a plugin which is a wrapper for milkyhelper (cloudefs pacman pandora repo tool).

so you dont even need panorama if you dont want it, but its nice.

So far Panorama is great...but everytime I try to synch it with the repo it crashes... any suggestions? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

you might wanna direct any feedback here or here I'm sure B-ZaR would be great-full of any feedback or bug reporting.

Last edited by a moderator:

what do you mean? panorama with the milkytest UI uses a plugin which is a wrapper for milkyhelper (cloudefs pacman pandora repo tool).

so you dont even need panorama if you dont want it, but its nice.
No, I meant it would be nice, if the beautiful UI is already built in Milkyhelper, so I don't need to install the entire Panorama thing to use it in this programm. :)

Back