Fenix Will Not Rise.

plounted

ive downloaded the fenix runtimes to use gp32 games on the gp2x.
if ive assumed correctly, fxe files are fenix files.

so when i set up the shortcuts to run a fxe file, i get a black screen and redirected to the main menu.
do i need to rename the fxe files to dbc or whatever?

am i missing a tag?

ive got a few games i really want to play on the fenix engine.

please help me.

Your assumption was wrong. fxe is a compressed GP32 executable. There is no way to run GP32 games on a GP2X that I know of.
Fenix is for running games written in fenix and, although it would make sense that the fenix program data should be cross platform, I don't think it is implemented that way.

No, sorry, the only way to play FXE files is with a GP32. The GP32 Emulator is capped to run at 40MHz, so you can't just play GP32 games at full speed in windows.

roflmao, are you guys kidding??
the fxe with fenix games are merely the fenix interpreter for the gp32, not some fenix game compiled for the gp32

the file you're searching for is the dcb file :), that's what fenix compiles to. you can easily run it on the pc with the appropriate fenx interpreter for the pc, and probably even for the gp2x, if you know how te set it up :)

Nice thread title though :)

At first I thought you were bringing news over from the Fenix dev team. A while ago they said something about completely re-writing and re-structuring Fenix, but nobody heard from them in quite a while.

- Alex

And indeed, for the GP2x, once you've located the .dcb file, you just need to edit the .gpe file for any fenix game to point towards the one you want to play. Result is that, well, it just runs :D.

Should work for pretty much anything, although occasionally you'll notice that one or other version is slightly better at some games than the other...

plounted posted on Sep 22 2006 at 01:55 PM said:
can i umcompress the fxes and find the dcb file?
the dcb file isn't in the fxe file at all, it's just one of the seperate files you'll find in the folder with the name of the game. and you'll probably need all files in that folder to run the game

Last edited by a moderator:
Back