Fighting Games

R

randomhack

There have been no good fighting games on the PC lately after perhaps Mk4 :(

If any of you is considering writing/porting a game, please consider making a fighting game rather than yet another shooter. We have more than enough shooters !! Doesnt have to have a ton of characters at the start .. but please make something with good controls and perhaps some mechanism to design characters. If people can design their own characters, lots of people will chip in with theirs and we will have enough collection to choose from.

Pandora's controls should be good for a fighting game.
I absolutely love tekken dark resurrection (PSP) and dbz budokai series (PS2/PSP) and of course MK4 :)

edit : I am not asking you to port tekken or other games mentioned since thats not possible. I am only saying that if you are considering writing a game, pls consider a game in the fighting genre.

Yeah i sooo hope that KOF91 will be ported one day.
wonder why it hasnt been ported to the 2X

Magic Sam said:
I found these games/engines on happypenguin.org, all based on Allegro, with available source:

KOF91
Free Fighter Engine
Torneo De Artes Marciales

Following those links, FFE turned into KOF91, and TDAM is based off KOF91, so they're all pretty much the same thing :)

KOF91 was abandoned in 2007, but the source is still available.

Last edited by a moderator:
randomhack said:
edit : I am not asking you to port tekken or other games mentioned since thats not possible. I am only saying that if you are considering writing a game, pls consider a game in the fighting genre.
PSX emulation will get you Tekken 1 - 3, MK4 and numerous other 3D and 2D fighting games.

Prophet said:
randomhack said:
PSX emulation will get you Tekken 1 - 3, MK4 and numerous other 3D and 2D fighting games.

That will be great :)

Kagato said:
Magic Sam said:
I found these games/engines on happypenguin.org, all based on Allegro, with available source:

KOF91
Free Fighter Engine
Torneo De Artes Marciales

Following those links, FFE turned into KOF91, and TDAM is based off KOF91, so they're all pretty much the same thing :)

KOF91 was abandoned in 2007, but the source is still available.

Hmm tried compiling KOF91 source .. some errors .. will see in a bit more detail on the weekend.

Mookmac said:
The NEO GEO should be the first port of call for any fan of fighting games
Last Blade 2 while on the crapper? I think I'm getting weak in the knees! :)

Dingo_aus said:
Anyone remember "One Must Fall"?

Now that was an outstanding game........
I can't comment on One Must Fall, but I remember One Must Fall 2097.

Incidentally, that was "liberated" and provided for free and legal download by its developers some time ago ( http://liberatedgames.org/game.php?game_id=43 ). If DOSBox is ported to and works well on the Pandora, it might be worth trying out. :p

Back