Release Final Burn Alpha ported to Pandora (FAQ in first post)

Bloody hell Dave you´re a star.

Chase HQ with the new core runs super smooth.

Many thanks for this update.

I guess I feel I've done enough to accept any bounty payments people are happy to make. Don't forget to send some crow_riot's way too,

My paypal email address is david (dot) douglas2744 (at) o2.co.uk

I plan to keep updating so please don't think this is me walking away. I'm about to send the source out to a few people who have asked so hopefully this will start appearing on N900 etc.

Thanks

Dave

Hello dave

thank for this release

chase hq run great

out run fast

Thanks for changing conteol cps 3 games

polygame master knigt of valour oriental legend ... start but graphic glitch bug

It s possible correct that ? rom is protected but now fba launch rom with bug graphic

lolo

did anyone tried to get irdem games - gave r-type a try but none of them work ... same "blackscreen" issue as some others of you experience
think this build only works with games using 68000 z80 6809 sh2 and 6309 cpus no other drivers seam to be enabled for lrem you need v30 v33

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello dave

thank for this release

chase hq run great

out run fast

Thanks for changing conteol cps 3 games

polygame master knigt of valour oriental legend ... start but graphic glitch bug

It s possible correct that ? rom is protected but now fba launch rom with bug graphic

lolo
When you say start does the pgm intro appear and game load ? as i still cant get it to load all pgm games cause fba to quit to desktop

Not with other option z80 forced pgm games launch with a very graphic bug

Lolo
you mean 68000 forced z80c yeah see what you mean good sound messed up graphics kinda like neogeo encryption with the sprites also doesnt quit to list goes to desktop cave games load for me IGS games dont load cave games have a custom bios so dont know if i have right files to run igs games or right bios.

I plan to keep updating so please don't think this is me walking away. I'm about to send the source out to a few people who have asked so hopefully this will start appearing on N900 etc.
Does that mean you are not going to do public source releases? Note that this is required by the license.

It would be interesting to check Cyclone+encrypted ROM issue when time permits..

Does that mean you are not going to do public source releases? Note that this is required by the license.

It would be interesting to check Cyclone+encrypted ROM issue when time permits..
Notaz if this build is based on the latest build ( which im sure it is if ketsui is on the list) how do 68ec020 and other cpus like irem v30,33 not work is there drivers missing or not yet implemented.

Here's the current version 1.0.3.0 without black borders on top and bottom in games:

fba.pnd

Attachments

• fba.pnd
    3.8 MB · Views: 161
Irem games should work as NEC CPU emulation is included, I'm pretty sure it is the z80 interface that is causing the problem. I'm reimplementing, starting with the original C source, checking everything works as expected then gradually adding DrZ80 support and checking if it breaks anything.

Last time I started with DrZ80 as the default and then added back the normal C core which has caused problems. I suspect the some drivers make direct calls to the Z80 CPU emulation (especially NMI calls) rather than going through the interface layer and therefore won't work.

Hopefully I can get compatibility up without sacrificing speed.

@Notaz, I've got a account set up on sourceforge, once I get the rebuild working I will create a repository.

Irem games should work as NEC CPU emulation is included, I'm pretty sure it is the z80 interface that is causing the problem. I'm reimplementing, starting with the original C source, checking everything works as expected then gradually adding DrZ80 support and checking if it breaks anything.

Last time I started with DrZ80 as the default and then added back the normal C core which has caused problems. I suspect the some drivers make direct calls to the Z80 CPU emulation (especially NMI calls) rather than going through the interface layer and therefore won't work.

Hopefully I can get compatibility up without sacrificing speed.

@Notaz, I've got a account set up on sourceforge, once I get the rebuild working I will create a repository.
Is Polygamemaster hardware got problems because of encryption? Also is it possible to add other drivers to this build? ie taito f3 and stv titan.

just to tell - i've tried irem games on mame4all and they work only by turning off drz80

I'd like to update the OP now, and get some solid info onto the wiki. I've highlighted the systems that are now supported. Have I missed anything?

What systems are supported?

Supported hardware includes CPS1, CPS2, Neo Geo, Toaplan, Cave, Sega (system1, system16, system18, x board & y board), and some others. There may be unsupported games within this selection, and Sega games may be slow at this stage.

Not supported in this version: CPS3, Psikyo, Taito, Konami, Kaneko 16, Megadrive.

Well version 1.0.4.0 in the repo works with PGM games. I've just being playing Knights of Valour. You need M68K and CZ80 though so be ready for some overclocking.

Taito is supported, at least as far as Chase HQ.

Psikyo games work (I've tried gunbird at least) - Needs M68K.

Gals Panic :unsure: works so that Kaneko 16.

The only driver that is really causing me a headache is Irem. It is running but no display!

Git is also updated.

awesome dave, thanks!

i hope you did receive some bounty payments already, you really deserve it!

oh dave

You have the best with pandora developer community

Very Very Thanks

I will try donate you this month

I have a question it is possible tou run vasara visco game with fba or mame ?

Lolo

hello dave

i have a problem with FBA you can't save config file if you press a you come in pandora os.

PGM games run very nice but i hve problem with screen cropping

I report that

Lolo

Back