Final Burn Alpha Test Build

Squidge said:
ROM Size != RAM Size

For example, gaia zip is 18.3MB. Unzipped it's 33MB. However, it requires 41MB of RAM. The most ram the emulator can currently use is around the 20MB mark.

I supposed well :D I have no idea of ram questions and almost give th correct size of the gaia ram size to go in game :D i said 40 :D Noob luck i suppose :D
Then games with more than 9 megs is possible not to run for the ram problem at this moment.Any way i have tried games with less than 3 megs that are not working, what says me tha are not the correct roms.Dat file please :D A joke ;) Thanks for all the work :)

Squidge said:
ROM Size != RAM Size
Yes, it's possible to have both double buffering and vsync - it would be a simple matter of syncing before double buffering. I don't do this at the moment, as it can slow down the emulator (If an entire frame can be done in less than 16.6ms then it would be fine, but if it took 18ms for example, the sync would take it to 33.2ms(30fps)).

Ok, I hope in the future it will be implemented :)

Thank you for all the answers Squidge :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Squidge said:
DaveC said:
Options to set the scaling to: 1:1, software scale horiz only w/pixel averaging on the columns that are removed only (see CPS2), HW scale horiz only, full screen scale (that I wouldn't use but some would).
At the moment, the only that is used is a software full screen scale. Hardware scale will likely increase speed slightly due to less processor usage.

I'll see if I get change to do any work on it this weekend.

The CPS2 emu has that nice "software scale horiz only" that averages only the pixels in the vertical column areas that were removed. By leaving it 1:1 vertically it not only looks better but you don't waste any CPU scaling it in that direction. Then the only processing you do is horizontal. This minimizes the rippling you get with course hardware scale (play GnG you will see the ripple when scrolling). Maybe the code could be nicked from the CPS2 emu?

Stretching vertically and compressing horizontally at the same time with full hardware scaling looks rubbish. It adds blockyness by stretching vertical and selectively doubling only a few lines. It is not really worth it at it is so close to full in that direction as it is anyway.

If possible it would be nice to have different modes that can be selected in the command line. The CPS2 emu already has all of the different scale options covered. May be worth a look at the source, it may be fairly straight forward to use some of that code and save some time/work.

Ripster said:
Ok a noob question... but how do you exit this game...???
What game? This is an emu :) But if you mean exit the game running under the emu, then you run the emu from a terminal prompt, and press CTRL+C when your fed up :)

Rivroner: If you want to see if you have the correct roms, run the emu from a terminal, and it'll tell you.

Hi,

First of all thx this great port, i'm looking forward the next release.

then

Would someone like to upload it to the archive? smile.gif

i tried but i always get this error : QUOTE
Error: Licence not specified
when i try to upload.

so i put the file file here with a selector here FBA2X+Selector

Bye

Herc :ph34r:

Hi,

If you want to see if you have the correct roms, run the emu from a terminal, and it'll tell you.

Ok but which romset should we use?

Bye

Herc. :ph34r:

whichever romset works :)

I know the games I have on my hd work, but I've no idea which romset they are from.

I've tried all TOPLAN games and them works good :lol: .
CAVE games, except donpachi, don't works :( .
There's a way to quit emulator during game?

Squidge said:
whichever romset works :)

I know the games I have on my hd work, but I've no idea which romset they are from.
Would be interesting you or ¿Jycet? ( Who send you the roms) try to upload a torrent to a well known web of GP2X torrents :D

:ph34r:

Squidge said:
Ripster said:
Ok a noob question... but how do you exit this game...???
What game? This is an emu :) But if you mean exit the game running under the emu, then you run the emu from a terminal prompt, and press CTRL+C when your fed up :)

Rivroner: If you want to see if you have the correct roms, run the emu from a terminal, and it'll tell you.

Sorry thats what I meant... how do I exit the emulator. I am not running it from a terminal but rather directly from the GP2x through the front end provided by an earlier pollster. But there does not seem to be a button combination that gets me out.

Thanks...

mingo said:
I've tried all TOPLAN games and them works good :lol: .
CAVE games, except donpachi, don't works :( .
Then there's something wrong with your gp2x, as uopoko should work also :)

mingo said:
Sure. See the switch on the left side of your gp2x? Slide it upwards and then downwards again. That'll quit the emulator ;)

Sure. See the switch on the left side of your gp2x? Slide it upwards and then downwards again. That'll quit the emulator ;)
[/quote]

Thanks... thats how I go about exiting now... was just wondering if there was another way. But great job on the emulator so far.

Amazing emulator,
can't wait for the button remapping to volume keys.

Very very impressive beta.

I check the web site and the forum several times a day for an update.

I'm sure the next update will be great

Herc. :ph34r:

Back