Final Burn Alpha Test Build

Squidge

Certified Guru
Website
Visit site
Finalburn Alpha is an emulator for MC68000/Z80 based arcade games. It is the successor of FinalBurn that adds more features & compatibility like Neo Geo support to the original that has been discontinued.

Video of the emulator, thanks to JyCet.

Homepage of current build

Note that this is INCOMPLETE. There are lots of things to implement yet.

Also, this version WILL NOT run directly from the standard GP2X Menu System. It requires command line arguments. So you either need a menu system that supports command line arguments, or you need to use script files to launch the appropriate games (or alternatively, run them from a terminal).

Would someone like to upload it to the archive? :)

Megatog615 said:
Do ROMs still have to be called "uopoko.zip"?
Nope, as the web page says, you now provide the filename as a parameter on the command line (or from a script or capable menu system)

Last edited by a moderator:
If it just quits, then the most likely candidate is that its run out of memory. It doesn't yet support memory >32mb, so roms are limited to about 20MB.

Squidge said:
If it just quits, then the most likely candidate is that its run out of memory. It doesn't yet support memory >32mb, so roms are limited to about 20MB.

this is a release i was waiting (well, hoping) for !
congratulation, squidge.

doies this work with gmenu2x ?
everytime i tried to launch a game, i failed :/

here my gmenu section for fba2x:

title=fba2x
exec=/mnt/sd/emuls/fb2x/fba2x
params=./fba2x.gpe ./truxton2.zip
clock=250

any idea about what i'm doing wrong and why ?

baalim said:
here my gmenu section for fba2x:

title=fba2x
params=./fba2x.gpe ./truxton2.zip
clock=250

any idea about what i'm doing wrong and why ?
remove params, it should automaticly forward the gamename to the executable.
so:
params=

You can do this in the gui.

I've not tested it yet, but I think this could/should work.

i've already tried that and all i got was a black screen and a fast return to gmenu2x. ;)

Squidge said:
Oh, okay, I try with a little rom. ;)
And, in future releases, you think to add cache support like in the Cps2 EMU?
Oh, and to the people it doesn't works, I have a solution:
You must make an executable for all games, one, and one...
Edit a textfile, like this (to execute truxton 2)
#!/bin/sh
/mnt/sd/fb2x/fba2x /mnt/sd/fb2x/truxton2.zip
But changing the locations to your locations :)
PD: Sorry, my english is not very good... I wish you can understand me ;)
EDIT: I recently tested truxton 2 and it go almost fullspeed at 200 Mhz, amazing!! Good work Squidge :)

Is there a list of what this will eventually be compatible list... im not sure what version of FBA it's a port of. This won't run outrun will it?

More tests... Ghouls'n Ghosts is FullSpeed at 266 Mhz with the Ram Timmings (activates via Gmenu2x), and the mmuhack.o of PicoDrive :)

baalim said:
i've already tried that and all i got was a black screen and a fast return to gmenu2x. ;)
Well, you must be doing something wrong. I've just played a game of truxton2 and used gmenu2x without parameters.
Nice game :)

Thanks Squidge for the port! Great job, looking foreward to the progress of this emu.

Try this:

title=fba2x
params=./truxton2.zip
clock=250

Edit: sorry, I had this page opened for a long while without a refresh. Disregard

Back