Final Burn Alpha Test Build

Wow !!!

DonPatchi is already working not that bad at 245 :D... let's hope more optimisaiton !!!

Great works squige !

paxl13

Well, it's already using Cyclone and DrZ80, but of course there are other optimizations.

I just need to get the motivation to actually implement them :)

Alex. said:
Try this:

title=fba2x
exec=/mnt/sd/emuls/fb2x/fba2x
params=./truxton2.zip
clock=250

Edit: sorry, I had this page opened for a long while without a refresh. Disregard

thanks, Alex. ! (thanks Snake54 and b._.o._.b for your answers)
you were right. it does work with your settings.
as i already said, congratulation, Squidge ! :) (but it does carry more weight now that i've seen it in action)

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone figured out how to use "Selector" with this? I tried those scripts and just got a black screen. Selector would also be easier than having a separate script for every ROM.

paxl13 said:
Wow !!!

DonPatchi is already working not that bad at 245 :D... let's hope more optimisaiton !!!

Great works squige !

paxl13
If you use Gmenu2x, you can turn on the "Ram Timmings" and DonPachi go fullspeed at 233 :)
Oh, and Snow Bros is fullspeed at 200, with Ram Timmings turned on... :)

Squidge said:
Well, it's already using Cyclone and DrZ80, but of course there are other optimizations.

I just need to get the motivation to actually implement them :)
:lol: Go squidgey go, go squidgey go, gooooooooooooo squidgeyyyyy!! :lol:

sorry for my n00bishness but is there a list of games that this will run which wont run on the current cps emulators?

don pachi is one i'm interested in purely cause i've so many peeps talk about it but i'm not clued up on any others?

Haven't tried this yet but just wanted to say this:

This is the kind of amazing work which years ago made me want a gp32_console , and now my wonderful wife bought me a GP2X for my birthday this year I'm amazed at what's being done with the :gp2x .

YOU LOT ARE AMAZING

Thankyou so much for this kind of porting project! B)

Yay DonPachi video! Thanks for this Squidge. :)
Question for everyone, which games need to be optimized? I'll talk to Squidge about it. Either a "kick in the butt" for motivation or maybe he wants a little help.
That video was amazing though, really great to see!

zodttd said:
Yay DonPachi video! Thanks for this Squidge. :)
Question for everyone, which games need to be optimized? I'll talk to Squidge about it. Either a "kick in the butt" for motivation or maybe he wants a little help.
That video was amazing though, really great to see!
Do you know how that "selector" can be used to run this? I fail at linux and scripts so I can't get this working that way :( Plus it would be cleaner than having a bunch of icons, one for each game.

Thanks

upoko.zip from mame 116 romset is not compatible. To modify the mame 116 rom you have to download uopokoj.zip and extrat the files, rename them to u25j.bin and u26j.bin, after that add them to upoko.zip.

DonPachi MAME 116 is not compatible :(

----

I have made a little configuration to use selector, you can download it here. Vol +/- overclock.

DaveC said:
Do you know how that "selector" can be used to run this? I fail at linux and scripts so I can't get this working that way :( Plus it would be cleaner than having a bunch of icons, one for each game.
Thanks

Just use gmenu2x. Don't see the problem. I've installed DonPatchi and Truxton2 and they play great. Choose a selector Directory, Parameters empty and set the volume and clockspeed.

That's it, and you don't need to adjust a file or make a script. All is possible in the gmenu2x gui. Very easy.

xenon_soft said:
Please, can you post the list of compatible games and what version of the Windows Final Burn Alpha is used?
2.95.23u7

But i am not sure.

Ok, now I am trying FBA Plus for GP2X with the same version for Windows. I have tried Ninja Turtles and Operation Wolf and it doesn't run in the GP2X version (it runs perfectly on Windows version)

Dodonpatchi runs perfectly :D

Yours,

Great work on this first release Squidge!

So far from the mame 116 romset, I've tested the following at 240mhz:

agallet - returns to gmenu
area88 - working, sound a little choppy
batrider - working, though sound is choppy
batsugun - no sound, runs smoothly though
bbakraid - returns to gmenu
cotton - returns to gmenu
daimakai - working (also ghouls rom works) :)
ddonpach - returns to gmenu
dfevron - returns me to gmenu
dimahoo - hangs on 'open zip'
dogyuun - loads to black screen
donpachi - working, choppy sound
esprade - returns me to gmenu
forgottn - working, though there is no way to rotate
gforce2 - returns to gmenu
gigawing - hangs on 'open zip'
gloc - returns to gmenu
mahoudai - working, sound a little choppy
mercs - working, sound a little choppy
outzone (set1) - not working
outzonea (set2) - working
quartet - returns to gmenu
rchase - returns to gmenu
samuraia - returns to gmenu
sdi - returns to gmenu
sonicbom - returns to gmenu
truxton2 - working
varth - working, sound a little choppy
vfive - working, no sound

I'll throw some more on there soon, though my cradle just arrived B)

Back