Beta Firefox 3.6.6

urjaman said:
hdonk said:
There's a PND with the gksudo version & the HOME=. script here:

firefox366-3.pnd

I'll have it on the appstore when it uploads ok.

Edit: On that note, I'm going to catch some Zzzs. Ice time 6am!
You forgot chmod +x firefox.sh, thus this wont run.
ARGGHHH. There's always something :) Will sort this ASAP. Cheers for checking.

Last edited by a moderator:
hdonk said:
urjaman said:
hdonk said:

firefox366-3.pnd

New version here:
firefox366-4.pnd
I've taken out the sudo stuff, so if someone's settings directory is screwed, it's their problem :)

dgame said:
Could you try the Video DownloadHelper Add-on with this version?

It doesn't seem to work like it did in the Namoroka version.

I select the Youtube video and it does not prompt me to save the file.

I also can't set the default download location in Tools\Options\Main Edit\Preferences\General.

I am in the middle of a re-flash so I cant test it right now.

I want to know if it works or if it just my setup.

Install this:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3006/

and try to download a Youtube video.

I only need to know if it prompts you to save after you've selected the video.
Just tested it with my latest version (-4), and it appears to be working. Downloading Bussard's famous talk now.

hdonk said:
hdonk said:
urjaman said:
hdonk said:

firefox366-3.pnd

New version here:
firefox366-4.pnd
I've taken out the sudo stuff, so if someone's settings directory is screwed, it's their problem :)

It won't let me create my profile but would when I attempted to choose the folder it told me it couldn't make. ?_?

EDIT: Strange bug, It seems like it installs extensions, but it doesn't actually. :(

EDIT 2: It froze my Pandora when I browsed newgrounds.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
It won't let me create my profile but would when I attempted to choose the folder it told me it couldn't make. ?_?

EDIT: Strange bug, It seems like it installs extensions, but it doesn't actually. :(

-God Ginrai

Weird: I just installed Video DownloadHelper, and used it with this version & no problems.
I'm also using Xmarks & NoScript with no issues.
And it hasn't crashed my P yet! Which newgrounds? URL or it didn't happen :)
As for the profile thing I have no idea.

hdonk said:
God Ginrai said:

-God Ginrai

Weird: I just installed Video DownloadHelper, and used it with this version & no problems.

Try installing Vimperator and see if that works for you.

As for newgrounds, these were my exact steps: www.newgrounds.com --> Search Bitey --> Click Bitey of Brackenwood --> Click Bitey of Brackenwood again after a while because it wasn't finishing the load --> mess with the scroll bar.

The next time I tried to click Bitey of Brackenwood, the mouse didn't move, and I noticed that my Pandora had frozen.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
hdonk said:
God Ginrai said:

-God Ginrai

As for newgrounds, these were my exact steps: www.newgrounds.com --> Search Bitey --> Click Bitey of Brackenwood --> Click Bitey of Brackenwood again after a while because it wasn't finishing the load --> mess with the scroll bar.

The next time I tried to click Bitey of Brackenwood, the mouse didn't move, and I noticed that my Pandora had frozen.

-God Ginrai
Vimperator installed, worked, uninstalled, FF still works.
Narry a problem with newgrounds/Bitey of Brackenwood...
Are you overclocking your Pandora?

hdonk said:
God Ginrai said:
hdonk said:
God Ginrai said:

-God Ginrai

-God Ginrai
Vimperator installed, worked, uninstalled, FF still works.
Narry a problem with newgrounds/Bitey of Brackenwood...
Are you overclocking your Pandora?

I had been for N64. I'll try at normal clock now.

-God Ginrai

The firefox366-4.pnd won't add extensions for me but it will import extensions from the 3.6.3 version in the archives.

So I use the 3.6.3 (FireFox.pnd) version to get the add-ons and then delete the SD Card's \pandora\appdata\firefox folder and switch the PND to firefox366-4.pnd then it imports and everything works. It throws a can't copy folder error, but the important stuff does copy over to the SD.

This also works around the "It won't let me create my profile but would when I attempted to choose the folder it told me it couldn't make. ?_?"

All my previously installed add-ons then work.

So it appears something is wrong with the permissions or something.

dgame said:
The firefox366-4.pnd won't add extensions for me but it will import extensions from the 3.6.3 version in the archives.

So I use the 3.6.3 (FireFox.pnd) version to get the add-ons and then delete the SD Card's \pandora\appdata\firefox folder and switch the PND to firefox366-4.pnd then it imports and everything works. It throws a can't copy folder error, but the important stuff does copy over to the SD.

This also works around the "It won't let me create my profile but would when I attempted to choose the folder it told me it couldn't make. ?_?"

Yea, after my third time trying to install Vimperator, it occurred to me that hdonk uses an ext2 card and I use FAT (or FAT32, not sure which). So in other words, installing extensions does not work with FAT with the current PND.

-God Ginrai

dgame said:

I knew taking out the gksudo moving & updating of file ownerships was a Bad Idea!!

hdonk said:
dgame said:

I knew taking out the gksudo moving & updating of file ownerships was a Bad Idea!!

But how would that fix the problem on the SD?

-God Ginrai

hdonk said:
Well something is wrong with permissions because FAT32 has no F**ING permissions :p
First, your cp -a returns nonzero because something, eg. setting permissions failed. It still copied the .mozilla dir just fine.
Secondly, installing extensions fails, because firefox tries to set their file permissions, which fails, thus it rolls back the operation. Comment out line 1608 of lib/firefox-3.6.6/components/nsExtensionManager.js (which is "target.permissions = PERMS_FILE"), and you/people will be able to install extensions. Though I'm a bit unsure on whether you can brand this thing firefox after you've changed "the code" (I'm not sure whether chrome js counts).

urjaman said:
hdonk said:
Well something is wrong with permissions because FAT32 has no F**ING permissions :p
First, your cp -a returns nonzero because something, eg. setting permissions failed. It still copied the .mozilla dir just fine.
Secondly, installing extensions fails, because firefox tries to set their file permissions, which fails, thus it rolls back the operation. Comment out line 1608 of lib/firefox-3.6.6/components/nsExtensionManager.js (which is "target.permissions = PERMS_FILE"), and you/people will be able to install extensions. Though I'm a bit unsure on whether you can brand this thing firefox after you've changed "the code" (I'm not sure whether chrome js counts).
And then it doesn't work properly for those of us using Ext2? I'm thinking moving the settings 'on to the SD' was a bad idea.

For those of you following this, I've finally got 3.6.6 uploaded to the appstore! Yay!

hdonk said:
urjaman said:
hdonk said:
And then it doesn't work properly for those of us using Ext2? I'm thinking moving the settings 'on to the SD' was a bad idea.

Shouldn't that still work for ext2? All that is doing is getting rid of an error, isn't it?

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
Shouldn't that still work for ext2? All that is doing is getting rid of an error, isn't it?

-God Ginrai

It's stopping the permissions being set. I don't know enough about JavaScript, but instead of removing the permissions setting line, I've done a version that just puts the line in a try/catch block on its own... I'll put together a VFAT SD card later to see if it helps.
I've also changed the startup script to just put up the error message and continue if cp -a fails, instead of stopping.
I'll keep going with this version, but it is not a priority for me as it works fine on Ext2 B)

Back