Firefox 4 latest news

hdonk

For those waiting for Firefox 4 - the full release version still has the lockup on startup problem. Also I still haven't got a coherent debugging OS image. So I'm down to adding printf to the libxul functions to trace!

NTS: Must check for ltrace in Angstrom repo.

Be stiff!

kwijl.gif

For those waiting for Firefox 4 - the full release version still has the lockup on startup problem. Also I still haven't got a coherent debugging OS image. So I'm down to adding printf to the libxul functions to trace!

NTS: Must check for ltrace in Angstrom repo.

Awsome , can't wait :)

I've been using it on x86 computers and it is really different. I'm still using the latest FF 3 on my main machine until a few releases of 4. I think on the Pandora I'd use Fenic before 4. then again maybe the Pandora is a good place to get used to it, it is very minimalistic.

Beta 10 is awesome, for me works faster than 3.x.x ever did.

Am using 4 on my Mac and it is fantastic.

Yep Firefox definitely came back for a while in 3 it started getting power hungry and I started using chrome but as soon as 4 came out I started using it and was like goodbye chrome.

I'm still working on it. Unfortunately getting a rationalised debug environment on the Pandora is turning in to a pain. There are a number of code sources that are used to build the Angstrom image, that have moved, or changed significantly since the release version of the OS was built - so trying to get anything coherent is proving to be a major pita. At least I got ltrace working and the indications are it's stalling somewhere in the GTK init process.

Back