First 10 Things To Do After Getting Gp2x

Paradox posted on Dec 10 2005 at 08:47 AM said:
Ravnos posted on Dec 6 2005 at 03:18 AM said:
overjupiter posted on Dec 5 2005 at 07:44 PM said:
5. dust-free room, so you can safely install/apply the screen protector. :D

trust me.. take your time installing this. once it's on, it's near impossible to take off.

Instead of a dust free room, you can do what I did (I read this suggestion elsewhere on the forums, can't remember who said it though): Turn on the hot water in your shower and close the bathroom door behind you. Wait until the bathroom is very steamy and then go in with your GP2X, and put on the screen protector. No dust will float around in this environment.

yeah but the screen will get very damp and wet wont it?

It fogs up a bit, but it doesn't cause any real problems. My screen is fine and that's how I did it. I imagine the moisture wasn't a problem for the electronics either because I didn't let it get THAT steamy in there, and also because the GP2X is sealed up pretty tight. I wouldn't drop it in water or anything, but a bathroom with the shower going shouldn't be too bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought number one was going to involve my pants being down and my hand in a certain lower area of the body.

Well...thats how it went for me...

Drak posted on Dec 6 2005 at 04:19 AM said:
Ravnos posted on Dec 5 2005 at 07:18 PM said:
overjupiter posted on Dec 5 2005 at 07:44 PM said:
5. dust-free room, so you can safely install/apply the screen protector. :D

trust me.. take your time installing this. once it's on, it's near impossible to take off.

Instead of a dust free room, you can do what I did (I read this suggestion elsewhere on the forums, can't remember who said it though): Turn on the hot water in your shower and close the bathroom door behind you. Wait until the bathroom is very steamy and then go in with your GP2X, and put on the screen protector. No dust will float around in this environment.

Thats like the only way to get dust free so ya :p

Or you could just go outside. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back