First Revolution Game Pictures

Im pretty impressed. I like how in the one picture the guy is holding the controller sideways, and the gun has the exact same lean to it. From what i hear, this controller is going to be near perfect for first person shooters and such. Even moreso than the keyboard/mouse combo.

Im anxious to see what other companies are coming up with. Hopefully we dont see 90% shooters though.. the market is over saturated with that genre as it is.

grahf posted on Apr 8 2006 at 07:40 PM said:
Im pretty impressed. I like how in the one picture the guy is holding the controller sideways, and the gun has the exact same lean to it. From what i hear, this controller is going to be near perfect for first person shooters and such. Even moreso than the keyboard/mouse combo.

Im anxious to see what other companies are coming up with. Hopefully we dont see 90% shooters though.. the market is over saturated with that genre as it is.
yeah, this will finally (hopefully) make FPS good on consoles for me (well Perfect Dark and Golden Eye N64 = <3 but yeah)

I hope the guy that created halo makes revo games, there was an article from a while ago about how he wanted, I hate halo, but I still think it would be wicked funny

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that's really really cool, I wonder if they could make 3D "skins" on the controller, basically containers in the shapes of various objects. Guns...deagles....swords...dil--- etc... That'd be awesome...with some Resident Evil 5, I'll finally be able to stick the mutha***** and smack my sister at the same time. Double the satisfaction, with actual pistol whip motion! Mmmm....pistol whip...

Demonstar....is your sig of a...uh mutated demon rapist? Because if it is of a mutated demon rapist, that would be some messed up mutated demon rapist crap. And it's disturbing me...

My Controls > Options - Board Settings > Board Display Settings: Do you wish to view members signatures when reading topics? [ NO |v]

It sure as hell works for me :)

- Alex

Loubear posted on Apr 8 2006 at 07:53 PM said:
Demonstar....is your sig of a...uh mutated demon rapist? Because if it is of a mutated demon rapist, that would be some messed up mutated demon rapist crap. And it's disturbing me...
we already discussed this, and it spawned the anime topic. It's from one fo the last scenes in Berserk.

Ah...from my quick 5 second research on berserk, it seems to be femto. And from the description there, it doesn't seem to be any sort of hentai. Yeah...it's just probably some manisfestation of a perverted mind (me!).

DemonStar55 posted on Apr 8 2006 at 04:26 PM said:
game looks good graphics-wise and they seemed to make good use of most of the controller features

That's what I thought too. At 480p, PS3 and X360 will have hard time distinguishing themselves from Revo graphics-wise. I've been wondering how Ninty will convey the feel of the game with just screenshots, where you can't screenshot the actual gameplay feel of it. PSP won the console of E3 2004 award without any playable games/demos with just nice screenshots, whereas DS had tons of playable demos, because non-of the DS screenshots didn't stand out blown up on magazines. If I recall correctly, only Time magazine rated DS higher than PSP for playability, and all of the gaming magazines had glowing previews of PSP hands down.

Red Steel screenshots with embedded pix holding the controller kinda did the job done right. (i.e. holding side ways causes your gun to be held sideways in game and stuffs.) So, maybe there is a way to describe the feel.

Video gaming is all about perseption, and we'll see how the first impressions of PS3 and Revo games will be like in a little more than a month from now at E3 2006. It'll be the biggest and the most important E3 ever that I can't wait. :)

itsme posted on Apr 8 2006 at 09:17 PM said:
Red Steel screenshots with embedded pix holding the controller kinda did the job done right. (i.e. holding side ways causes your gun to be held sideways in game and stuffs.) So, maybe there is a way to describe the feel.

I agree with that. The little picture-in-picture does a pretty decent job.

Loubear posted on Apr 8 2006 at 08:58 PM said:
Ah...from my quick 5 second research on berserk, it seems to be femto. And from the description there, it doesn't seem to be any sort of hentai. Yeah...it's just probably some manisfestation of a perverted mind (me!).
well that scene is somewhat perverted... but yeah, it's not like it's hentia at all, just the occasional nudity that appear in anime from time to time

but I can't wait for the rev >.<

They still scream target renders to me. Bear in mind, companies have been claiming target renders to be in-game for years so anything saying otherwise should be taken with a pinch of salt. Kind of wish the first Revolution game to be announced would have a bit more imagination involved.

Oh well, better than the usual cutey-pie family-friendly Nintendo stuff. Not saying that i necessarily dislike those games (playing Super Princess Peach atm), but it shows that Revo games won´t just appeal to casual or non- gamers, but also to the more traditional (some would say hardcore) gamers.

Fishbong posted on Apr 9 2006 at 11:15 AM said:
it shows that Revo games won´t just appeal to casual or non- gamers, but also to the more traditional (some would say hardcore) gamers.

So dime a dozen action titles cater to hardcore gamers? Uhh, what?

Back