Flash!......aaah...aaaaah!

aliking said:
TylerAW said:
This may be off topic but can Pandora do any form of Flash yet? :ph34r:
:lol: it's the first post in 3 pages that's been ON topic. and no
Actually that isn't true, Midori will play some old Flash animations I did years ago, albeit quite slowly.

I forget which version of Flash I was using back in 2002, but Pandora users can click here.

Edit: I thought I'd try it in all the browsers currently available from Pandora Apps, and it also works on Firefox, but it doesn't work in any of the others, including Fennec, freaky!

Last edited by a moderator:
paulguy said:
You know one thing limiting HTML 5 is the flash IDE. They're going to have to make one at least as good as that for HTML 5 to be as successful for people making games and stuff. Unfortunately this will lead to ugly computer generated JavaScript that'll probably be slow. :(
Bizarre Slashdot rumor had it that Adobe might allow Flash to "Export as HTML5" somehow.
This would be fantastic because snooty artists can still pay hundreds of dollars for tools that free software apparently hasn't matched, unsuspecting teenagers can still pirate it, and I won't have to install any bullshit binary-only plugins to watch their silly cartoons and videos.

But it's just a rumor, and Adobe's record does not indicate they would do something as cool as abandoning their horrible Flash Player plugin.

Or someone could make a free software designer similar to Flash, then fend off the endless hordes of people bitching that it isn't exactly like Flash. They sort of did this with GIMP, a long, long time ago. It might be harder for something complicated like an animation studio.

tl;dr: The situation is COMPLEX.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I've found an earlier release of Android flash player 10.1 (judging my the modified date of the file being Sept 2009.)

Would some one mind testing on pandora?
http://www.brothersoft.com/mobile/adobe-flash-player-download-51961.html

Back