Flickering Screen - Brand New Batteries

AFCC

Still Fresh
Hi

I have just started using my GP2X for the first time with new batteries and when I go into the setting screen and choose lcd, and then move the slider across I have a flickering screen. I have searched the various pages about the machine and have only seen mention of a low battery causing this.

Appreciate if anyone could help me

Cheers

Chris

Move the slider back.

... and don't move it again. :angry:

I just bought a new laptop. First it ran wonderful, but then i set the resolution to 800x600 and now everything looks grainy. I have searched the various pages about the machine and have only seen mention of a low battery causing this.

Appreciate if anyone could help me

Cheers

I think it depends what the native resolution of your laptop screen is. It is similar on my brothers laptop, his is 1024x768 but dropping it to 800x600 (might be 640x480) makes it look horrible. Try increasing it back to 1024x768 or whatever it was before and see if it looks clearer.

Erm, i actually didn´t mean that serious.
What i wanted to say is that it is stupid to configure anything that already runs well. And if you altered a setting and don´t like the result, then it is obviosly the best to restore the old cofiguration.

Getting back on topic....

What kind of batteries are you using. You definitely should be using some high capacity rechargables. Regular alkaline batteries will be used up really quickly. That might be why you get flickering even with new batteries.

Otherwise, why are you trying to move the slider thingy anyway? It was designed to be moved so you could get rid of the flickering I think. So move it around until the flickering goes away. QED.

It's simple really. Move the slider to the left, and you get a high screen refresh rate that is healthier for your eyes and allows games that vsync to run at higher FPSs. Move the slider to the right, and you get a slow refresh rate, a flickery screen that damages your eyes for sure, and a low FPS count in games that vsync to the screen.

Summary: Move the slider all the way to the left.

- Alex

Back