Football Management Games

pain-giver

Still Fresh
Soooo to keeep my mind off all the speculation and things that are going around, I thought Ill do some more 'accquiring' of games in preparation for this bad boy :pandora1: :)

And one game genre that I simply love are football managers :D

So I was wondering, could anyone recommend a good football management game as Im only familiar with PC ones :)

It can't be tooo complex as I dont want my brain to hurt while Im playing on a portable console :p

As no one else has volunteered anything yet, I'll add my limit input to this...

The only linux football management game I have heard of is Bygfoot. It had a mini review some time ago and wasn't slated, but other than that - I know nuthin.

mindlord said:
One of the best Football games of all time: NFL Challenge by XOR

Fire up DOSBOX and enjoy some oldschool X and O action!

thats a good point, as this is an international forum this topic could cause some confusion, by fottball management did you mean football (soccer) or american football?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I meant soccer :p

Thank you to everyone for the suggestions, Im sure ill find one I like :)

Soccer Boss for the Spectrum, Just remember to play Scooby out of position in the first game as he's your best player and the person playing in that position ALWAYS breaks their leg in the first game (IIRC).

I always enjoyed Premier Manager (and the slightly updated Premier Manager 97) on the Mega Drive (Genesis). I have a few of the original carts and home and keep it on my GP2X for when i'm on the move. IMHO its the perfect blend of simplicty and fun in a footy management game. Highly recommended!

thinking about it there were some pretty decent football managment games on the PSX so that would be worth looking into

I always loved Player Manager by Anco for the Amiga. It can be played Management only, or you can control 1 player in a real game of Kick Off!

Off topic but, another management came i can't wait to play on the Amiga must be, Rockstar Ate my Hamster! Simple, but a classic!

Back