For Those Who Have Received Their Pandora

ahahah

who has tested the TV connection to play on it?
do you have some pics please of a game played on tv? :)

thanks

if we don't receive the cable the 1st time, we have to pay for another shipping?

Isn't it *possible* to make one from scratch? I recall reading on the wiki a while back that the necessary info to do so would be published.

fiveseven said:
Isn't it *possible* to make one from scratch? I recall reading on the wiki a while back that the necessary info to do so would be published.

A thread a while ago, showed where to buy the connector.. it's easy enough for someone skilled in soldering to make their own.

Last edited by a moderator:
TrashyMG said:
fiveseven said:

A thread a while ago, showed where to buy the connector.. it's easy enough for someone skilled in soldering to make their own.

Soooo what you're saying is that the TV-Out port is not just a standard S-Video port. And the TV-Out cable isn't the same as the S-Video cable I use for my laptop.

I, uhh...may need to amend my order. :ph34r:

Kicker said:
TrashyMG said:
fiveseven said:

Soooo what you're saying is that the TV-Out port is not just a standard S-Video port. And the TV-Out cable isn't the same as the S-Video cable I use for my laptop.

Dude, the EXT connector is "unique", this has been known for a long time, long before pre-orders start. You will get a s-video out but it connects to the pandora with a special connector.. You should have known this.

Tell me you were joking :p

nikkopt said:
Kicker said:
TrashyMG said:
fiveseven said:

Dude, the EXT connector is "unique", this has been known for a long time, long before pre-orders start. You will get a s-video out but it connects to the pandora with a special connector.. You should have known this.

The part that connects to the pandora is a unique sure, but it can be ordered from Mouser or even Digi-key(site is hard to search).. The EXT connector pin layout is well documented.. a cable could be made at home for those with skills.

TrashyMG said:
The EXT connector pin layout is well documented.. a cable could be made at home for those with skills.
http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa99/MWeston_2007/?action=view&current=cable_connector.png&newest=1
cable_connector.png

nikkopt said:

Eh-heh. I'm relatively new here. It just hadn't come up? :(

But, no worries: unless I miss my guess, I'm in the 2 or 3 thousand range of the queue, so I've got plenty of time to add it to my order.

I am interested in quality of 720p movies.
So question to people that got Pandora .
Can you watch h264 movies in 720p with decent fps ?

Stygius said:
Not yet. It requires use of the DSP chip which isn't in the current kernel, they've said. They need to update it.

WizardStan said:
Stygius said:
Not yet. It requires use of the DSP chip which isn't in the current kernel, they've said. They need to update it.
Just clarifying here. The DSP works in the newest kernel, but the team decided to use a slightly older kernel that they knew was well tested and stable for the Version 1.0 firmware. Once they are sure the newest kernel is stable, DSP support will become available along with the next firmware upgrade.

I for one cannot wait for the DSP to be standardly available .. decoding pr0n isn't the only use for that thing! (Synthesis, Audio filters, etc.)

Back