Forcing Shutdown At 10% Battery Life

yeah! my bad, it can't catch fire if just over-discharged (I was thinking of running a pack right out under heavy load), BUT it would ruin the cell if Volts went too low, so it has hardware protection, that's the main point, and if an over-discharged and now damaged cell started to take a charge (normally they won't), there is still a risk it can catch fire, so making sure it doesn't get too low is important, so it has hardware protection, my point is still valid, the cells internal protection still means it does not get damaged, even if Pandora reported -20% charge, the meter just measures power in/out and keeps a running total, you should have no more chance of damaging the Pandoras cell than you would that in your mobile phone if it ran flat.

Pleng said:
5% I think. Warns at 10%
yeah sorry, thought i read 10% shutdown ;)
but changed it for myself to 10% and some other settings
is quite easy to change and kind of fun to mod some system settings by myself :)

by
KK

Last edited by a moderator:
just in case anyone was getting caught out by this, I think that if the Pandora is in low power state, the critical battery alarm (@ 5%) does NOT shut down for some reason. It calls the script over and over again till the battery dies... Was hoping to fix it, but haven't got round to it.

http://bugs.openpandora.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=47 (seems relevant, I added a small patch)
Contains an updated pndevmapperd executable, which will only call the shutdown script once (unless battery goes back over warning threshold), and a version of op_battlow.sh which (a) counts properly, and (B) gives you a 30 second delay to cancel it.

This should shutdown cleanly at the eventmap threshold even if the clock is slow. These settings are separate to the xfce battery monitor which shuts down with no warning.

Back