Foxgod's Pandora experience

Foxgod

Hey Guys,

Today i received my 1ghz Pandora, and i decided to make a topic where i post stuff about my experiences with it.

So Far the unit itself is awesome, not a scratch, crack or any other problems found, paint job is great.

Tested several aspects of the hardware such as sound, touchscreen, nubs, controls, keyboard, sd card reader, processor (remains stable up to 1250mhz!)

Some programs even run at 1300! such as Battle for Wesnoth.

I am diving into Qemu now, and other stuff, and will post updates on how they run, will most likely post a video on games running on Qemu.
484598_334301593327459_1369460788_n.jpg

PsxRearmed (Ogre Battle and Langrisser IV(English translation) -->1250 MHZ, runs perfect, ofcourse psx runs perfect on much lower clock too, but this is just to show that the 1ghz unit can overclock nicely too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing beats that "OMFG my Pandora is here!" feeling... It lasts for quite a long time.... And you've got the best of the best too you lucky fish. ;)

I've got an original CC 256mb Pandora with a case that has a couple of cracks, but works fine none the less.

I love my Pandora more than anything else I own. :)

... and I've had it for about 2 years already, I think! Wow! :-||

Looking forward to seeing how the relationship with your precious develops. ;)

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

I've had my Pandora almost two years too, and it's still as valuable a piece of kit to me as ever! I will be getting my 1ghz unit in the next wave, but I'll still treasure my original too. I'll be interested in following people's adventures in Pandora land, especially with software like Qemu, as it was one I never really figured out!

1ghz unit or rebirth edition?

1 ghz :)

Nothing beats that "OMFG my Pandora is here!" feeling... It lasts for quite a long time.... And you've got the best of the best too you lucky fish. ;)

I've got an original CC 256mb Pandora with a case that has a couple of cracks, but works fine none the less.

I love my Pandora more than anything else I own. :)

... and I've had it for about 2 years already, I think! Wow! :-||

Looking forward to seeing how the relationship with your precious develops. ;)

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

I fully agree with you, and theres so much stuff to play on it, its almost endless :)

Not as big a stable clock difference from 600 to 1000 as 1000 to 1250.

Talk on here suggests a lot of the Rebirth units clock to 1000+, mines certainly does.

The biggest factor will be the new GPU.

^ My first batch could clock to 1100Mhz stable, my Rebirth edition is generally stable at 1040Mhz..

Not as big a stable clock difference from 600 to 1000 as 1000 to 1250.

Talk on here suggests a lot of the Rebirth units clock to 1000+, mines certainly does.

The biggest factor will be the new GPU.

QFT. The new cpu speed is neither here nor there - my Pandora is stable way above 1GHz, even in PCSX Re-ARMed. What I do miss is more RAM - when the OS is loaded I only have about 80MB free :(

D.

Look at +/- buffers/cache. That's the practical usage, as those are shrunk when RAM is scarse. I get about 50 MB of RAM usage after bootup.

Look at +/- buffers/cache. That's the practical usage, as those are shrunk when RAM is scarse. I get about 50 MB of RAM usage after bootup.

hmm, yes. On a fresh boot I get 112168 used, 128232 free, with buffers/cache showing 63040 used and 177360 free.

D.

Back