Full Speed C64 Emulation? Maybe, Maybe Not?

lol! no way :)
You really thought that was what it was? If it looked like that I can imagine why people thought it was inappropriate or tasteless.

It was a heart shaped ice cube she held between her teeth. Resizing it to an avatar sized pic might have distorted the image a little :p
My appologies

I have the original picture at work but this is a photoshopped version I found with a quick google image search

iceheart.png

Attachments

• iceheart.png
    iceheart.png
    14 KB · Views: 130
^ I don't quite get it though, it's still the same avatar, isn't it? It always looked like melting ice. Did you have one that looked differently in between?

:(

I refreshed it and now I see that rotten piece of plastic. The other one was much nicer. Oh well.

Eight Bit said:
It was a heart shaped ice cube she held between her teeth. Resizing it to an avatar sized pic might have distorted the image a little :p
My appologies...
Geez, man :) I thought that it was mouse in her mouth, which I take as very disgusting. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Prometheus said:
There was a C64 video at the end of last year, if that helps to shed any light. It shows some games, but no demos, though. :p

Weird, I noticed the slow Bubble Bobble on the gamma video too, but in this video it's fullspeed. Maybe the clock was set lower in the new one?

Eight Bit said:
skeezix said:
smile.gif

how well do those modern demos work on real C64s, or do they onyl work on over-fast emu's?

someone will have to try it on vice and see, I suppose; vice runs pretty damned good, is all I know
smile.gif

jeff

Those demo's are usually released on demo compo's/C64 party's and have to run on a real unmodified C64, fit on a 5 1/4"floppy disc etc.
Having that said, the demo's usually run way better on the real thing than on an emu anyway.

The only non original C64 demo's I know are those made for the C64 DTV which is actually an FPGA with a modified C64 core on it to gain more colors etc.

Vice is a very good emulator and the only one I know that emulates the C64 hardware better but is more demanding on the hardware running it is Hoxs64.
If something works on a real C64 and not on Vice, try Hoxs64 http://www.hoxs64.net/Default.aspx

There was a lovely spectrum emulator that ran some of the more impressive demos, realspectrum I think it was called. It would be lovely to be able to run these new old-skool demos on the pandy...

That 64 demo mentioned earlier is very impressive...might have to dust off my 64 and try it out...if only I had a disk drive for it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFdjWSaDlIo

Attachments

• smile.gif
    smile.gif
    699 bytes · Views: 106
  • smile.gif
    smile.gif
    699 bytes · Views: 107
My concern is more of gameplay. The vice emulator had pausing/skipping problems on the gp2x using realsid whilst playing. This was discussed in earlier threads as something to do with vice sid code on ARM devices and not the power of the GP2X so will these issues cause the same problems on Pandora?

Back