Future DraStic Android port: help needed

Thanks. I'll go ahead and post it in our forum then. For those here who have a license and want to, feel free to test/report stuff in it.

Thanks ill join.Oh and i found out r4cce and managed to add a new code thanks for the help!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it possible for the beta to be a seperate apk.I dont wanna uninstall if i have issues and lose all save data...I am a member now as well.

Is it possible for the beta to be a seperate apk.I dont wanna uninstall if i have issues and lose all save data...I am a member now as well.
That'd be pretty cumbersome because the idea is that we can move the beta to published when it's found to be good enough. We'd have to manage that separately.

You shouldn't be at risk of losing data from uninstalling/reinstalling so long as you opted to move stuff to /sdcard/DraStic a few versions ago when it asked (or if you installed after that). But if you're worried you can backup that directory, or the savestates and backup subdirectories at least.

That'd be pretty cumbersome because the idea is that we can move the beta to published when it's found to be good enough. We'd have to manage that separately.

You shouldn't be at risk of losing data from uninstalling/reinstalling so long as you opted to move stuff to /sdcard/DraStic a few versions ago when it asked (or if you installed after that). But if you're worried you can backup that directory, or the savestates and backup subdirectories at least.
Oh i did move it i may as well use titanium backup just to be safe :)

DraStic has a warning popup if the device is running low on RAM and that it might close unexpectedly. I thought it could have been that.. If Android decides to close it immediately, you probably wouldn't be able to read taht anymore.
Please tell me how to fix this problem when it says that

Very nice seeing support for the xperia play.I would like to request a feature to use the touchpads for fps games like dementium if it is possible...

Does anyone have problem with DraStic on the Shield lately?  DKJC does not work anymore.  It runs but no video.  Also Shield's physical controls stop working on Drastic :(

Does anyone have problem with DraStic on the Shield lately?  DKJC does not work anymore.  It runs but no video.  Also Shield's physical controls stop working on Drastic :(
What'd you change? These things wouldn't just happen spontaneously..

Also... sorry that I seem to be flogging a dead horse... but it's been *ages*... I'm still waiting to see a portrait menu system. Is it ever going to happen?
Next version AFAIK.

Next version AFAIK.
Good stuff. :)

The lack of rotation support for Drastic in game / menus is probably my major beef with the UI. If the following could also be included it would be appreciated :

1) Allow selections to be made in the Main Menu (Continue, Load new game etc.) with hardware controls as you can in the Configure Options menu

2) Provide a method to exit the configure options menu without having to use the Android Back Button (I like to disable the 'taskbar' when gaming to either use all available screen estate or hide anything none game related)

3) An optional screen layout for Shield / Ouya / Stick TV / HDMI Out, where the device screen is viewed in landscape mode (as per your TV / monitor) but the DS screens are show one above the other. Lot's of screen wasted I know but the best solution available for a lot of games if played on TV. I know this can be set up as a custom layout but my guess is it would provide a useful choice as one of the preconfigured screen layouts.

4) The ability to call up the menu in game by tapping the 'none touch screen' (or perhaps perform some other function chosen by the user like toggle screen layout etc.)

PS Congratulations on 100,000+ Sales on the playstore :)

EDIT : Just thinking about the 'sales' figures on the playstore it says there are over 100K installs of Drastic, does this mean individual sales or total installs, I've bought Drastic once but have installed it on 4 android devices (Phone, Android Stick PC, my Tablet, my Daughters tablet on my account on her tablet).

@ Shenmue : Do other games work? Have you tried to reassign the hardware controls?

All I did was upgrade to the newest Android.

Next version AFAIK.

@ Shenmue : Do other games work? Have you tried to reassign the hardware controls?
Didn't know this.  Thanks for the pointer.  Will try. :)   Other games work but no physical control.  But like I said, I will try mapping the control

OK.  So I was able to map the buttons. Dpad, and Left Analog Stick back and they work OK now.  The only thing I would like to do is map the volume key to Select Button, but couldn't (not an issue though).   Donkey Kong Jungle Climber used to work fine before but no longer the case now.  Does it have something to do with the new Shield firmware or new Android OS or something?  I don't have any other Android device besides the Shield so couldn't tell if it's the new Android that cause problem for DKJC.

It seems like some of your settings got messed up during the update. Did you make a custom screen layout for DKJC?

Can you try if you get video back by trying another screen layout, or resetting the current one to default?

Xperia mini pro here :)
 Hey, PokeParadox 

How Drastic works on Xperia Mini Pro? [3d games overall?]
Well I've only tried New Super Mario Bros.

And it runs pretty much fullspeed with a little frameskip. But obviously I prefer to play on the Pandora.

You can setup the Xperia Mini Pro's slideout keyboard to use physical controls so it's not a terrible experience I guess! :)

Thanks for the latest Android updates. It just keeps getting better and better. When are you working on a 3DS one? ;)

Would PYRA have the power to run 3DS emulator if there were one?

Back