Game Maker .. Anyone Interested?

Hi Jeff,

All I can say is: SHOW ME WHERE TO SIGN. :D I'm in.

My mind is racing to be quite frank: games like Super Sprint, Bombjack, Tetris, Scrabble and of course Sensible Soccer could all be made using this engine. The fact that it is cross platform makes me shout for joy!

I'm definitely be up for doing a game or three.

Some questions:
x does it support layers (to do parallax? overlayed tile sets so i could do grass and pitch markings?)
x how does it compare feature wise to say (blitz) basic?
x does it have file/io?
x how easy would it be to get the engine up on new platforms (GBA, Nintendo DS, PSP etc.)

Best of luck with this.

edit: i have also added a post to www.yakyak.org where i know there will be many interested parties, especially considering the crossplatform-ness of ZOT.

matt

Just to say that a few of us are using this engine to make some nice tile based games. Coming to a GP32 (and Palm, and Mac and Windows) machine near you soon.

matt

Yeah im in the newsletter but only to see what other people are doing and I get like 10 extra e-mails a day lol. Most of the posts look crazy tho with like lists of files that your talking about. So these games are made on the engine and will work on any of the Zot platforms? What about controls? Do you set it for each one?

Enslaved posted on Apr 20 2004 at 03:21 PM said:
So these games are made on the engine and will work on any of the Zot platforms? What about controls? Do you set it for each one?
Yes, one script will run on every platform. Controls are joystick and fire button(s).

matt

Last edited by a moderator:
Back