Game Of The Week - Trivia Challenge

Last edited by a moderator:
right! I have no idea about your question, though... we'll wait for someone else to get it! If I had to venture a guess, i'd say parodius.

As a joke, though.... which arcade & Colecovision game was Winky from?

not parodius. No idea on the coleco Winky though. I'm thinking we should start a guess the screenshot thread where parts of the screen were shown instead of the whole screen.

What was the first game system available for home consumer purchase that had dedicated hardware scaling, zooming, warping for game objects (sprites)?

What was the first console to have hardware for texture mapped 3D object capability?

What did these have in common as far as the hardware designers? What did they design before these two systems?

What was the first game system available for home consumer purchase that had dedicated hardware scaling, zooming, warping for game objects (sprites)?

was it the atari lynx? (a great console, btw!)

I'm not sure of the rest of the question, though... but probably atari related...

Commodore 64?

OK, total geek question - what were the three type in games from the user manual of the VIC-20?

Yow!

One had a giant asteroid (white) coming down the screen (black); I remember it had a typo in the book, so you had to 'fix' it to get it to work. That made a lot of coders, I think :p

jeff

What was the first console to have hardware for texture mapped 3D object capability?

What did these have in common as far as the hardware designers? What did they design before these two systems?

In order: Lynx, 3D0, Dave Needle + R.J. Mical and the original Amiga. Probably. Maybe. Possibly. Perhaps.

Back