Gbax 2007 One Week Remaining Reminder

Some about tricky GP2X joystick:
I had lost my only gp2x joystick cap so I had to test my project without one.
Every hour of gameplay was a pain to my finger.

I was jumping higher than in Mario64 when recieved the new cap.

You could use the A B Y X buttons to move, thats what I did when playing on super mario.

But I found the controls to move the square were not bad even though I still use the old cap. :p

Maybe make the square a bit smaller though? I found it a bit too hard although I am the same as greenmikey and not that good at those type of game.

There is a fun bug that makes you have to start a new game 2-3 times in a row after losing once and a while but that made me laugh actually...probably would be better without biggrin.gif Fun.

I found that it did that when i pressed quit as well, had to turn off the gp2x. :D

Thanks for the feedback, adding abxy controls isn't a bad idea, ill do that. There are a unfinished things such as tweaking the speed and a few bugs but for now ignore them as I still have about an hour spare to finish coding it :) Thanks again for testing it.

Cheers for the game Guyfawkes, it's surprisingly playable with the stock stick. I'd imagine it would be quite nice controlled with a mouse :)

How's everyone doing time-wise? Any guesses on how many GP2X entries there'll be?

Here's a short (crappy) video of my entry. The quality is poor, but it'll give you an idea of the gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdqyfuXxj5w

Pete

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got mine finished and sent yesterday. I can relax a little now.

*Breathes*

Now it's time to actually play my game, and catch up on failed course work :D

I really can't wait for the entries to be announced and downloadable <3

Alex. said:
*Breathes*

Now it's time to actually play my game, and catch up on failed course work :D

I really can't wait for the entries to be announced and downloadable <3
When you send the savegame-fixed version I can start with the 40-Wave Skill. ;) It's better with working saves because my batteries tend to surprise me sometimes :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
It is so much stress, so we all desperenly need a topic named "Gbax 2007 One Hour Remaining Reminder"

Back