GBax.com or play-asia.com

I have ordered mine form GBAX as I live in the UK, have had contract from craig
via email, and he seems a really nice guy -- in fact GBAX is why im here at all
as I found out about GP32s while looking to buy a GBA and a flasher... you can
all call me converted.

Its me again . See my profile...

Play-Asia good price.. BIUT import tax..!

SECONDLY if the unit is defective.. then what you going to do..? I got brand new unit that was defective and havuing hassle getting it replaced... If you are in GB, buy from GBAX.. i learnt my lesson..!

Thanks.

now play-asia is claiming they issued the refund the day I sent the tracking number and that it takes a few days to reach my bank.

which is absolute BS because that would have been 6 days ago, 6 days for a refund to reach the bank? God damn these cronic liars.

AARRRGGGHHH

Sent over my GP32 to be replaced.... But the person who sent it sent it via normal post.. No tracking.. Now wondering if Play-asia will say they rcieved the unit.. and will ask for tracking which i do not have.

Aslo emailed Tom, and he said he will send a new unit once the old one is sent back.

I would buy from GBAX next time round..!

Will let everyone know what goes on though..!!

I ordered mine from Lik-Sang about 7-8 months back, using a link which provided free shipping (honest!). I'll try and find it, never know, might still work.

Whole thing cost a total of £97.50 ish ( 160 USD ).

It arrived in about 1 - 2 weeks - although I was told it would take longer and came with english firmware and english manual. (I think the firmware was english, there was the occasional bit of Korean, but mostly english. I've flashed it now anyway.

Also the box said: Video Games Accesories: USD 23.85.

I'm more than happy with the service and price, especially because I haven't seen it available at total cost for less than 100 quid anywhere else, even ebay.

GBAx has the bestest (amen't I a good word maker uper?) service ever. I ordered a regualr GP32 just because I wanted my GP32 faster to find that the regs were coming at the same time as the backlight, so I asked them if I could upgrade to lit and they said yes, just buy the afterburner for $34.99 and we will refund the $4.99, cancel the afterburner order, and send you a backlit GP32 instead. When it finaly got here, I opened it and found that it wasn't lit (100% GP's fault, they labeled the box lit), so I e-mailed them and they sent me a new one BEFORE I sent the non-lit one back, 1 day later I got my beautifully lit GP32 :) 2 days after I got the lit one (didn't have time earlier) I sent the non-lit one back and apparently they got it because my mom didn't get mad at me for buying 2 GP32's (they prolly would have charged 2ice if it wasn't back)

And play-asia has the worstest card support. I keep getting credit card rejected errors from them with a perfectly working credit card that works in GBAx and joyGP and isn't locked/blocked. I think it is because for some reason they don't support American Visa's (can anyone disprove this?)

So, ratins of GP32-related stores (IMHO)

GBAx:
Support: 10/10
Credit Card Compat: 10/10
Flexibility: 10/10
Overall: 10/10

Play-Asia:
Support: WK/10
Credit Card Compat: 1/10
Flexibility: WK/10
Overall: 1/10

WK = Who Knows?

oh believe me they will take money from visa....its putting it back in that seems to be a damn problem for those liars

Ceromos,

let me know what happens...

I just hope they give me a new GP32 system rather than a used one.... If any at all..!

So far from what people have said, play asia are a bunch of assholes who really dont care. Get it from gbax, cause from what i know, craig is a devoted programmer for gp32 who seems to be really nice, If there were any problems from gbax ill bet there is a better chance of getting it fixed with craig than liksang of playasia.

for those of you that care and still following up...guess what!

its friday and I still do not have my money back and guess what that means, i wont have it saturday or sunday either and monday will mark the 12th day that ive had to wait for my refund.

Anyone want to place bets that my refund will not arrive on the 12th day?

Sorry to see people dislike Play-Asia so much, cuz I personally had good service with them. I live in the USA, and had no trouble using my Visa card. I used EMS for shipping - I placed my order on a Sunday at home and IIRC my GP32 shipped Monday and arrived Wednesday. Been a few weeks so I don't remember exactly but it was right on time. The price was good and the shipping was fast, so I was quite happy. CraigX, probably the most famous GP32 seller in the world, was out of FLU's at that time and I wanted one right away, and Play-Asia had them. So I picked them, plus shipping is cheaper to the USA, and it worked out for me.

They also were really good about answering emails even before I bought anything. I do believe people have had problems, but I didn't. Just for the record.

I know this may sound mean, but it's pushing things to expect stores to inspect systems for you until they find one that meets your idea of perfect. Many GBA SP's have dust and that's Nintendo's fault. Play-Asia should've been more honest in that regard, because they can't really go around opening boxes like that for people. Maybe they meant to do it, but the person who got the note slacked off or something. But seriously, go to any store in the USA and try to find a perfect, dustless SP, it's not that easy. These frontlit screens just seem to be very hard to install without particles getting inside, whether it's an SP, a GP32 FLU or an iPaq.

I hope the guy gets his money back soon though. I don't think Play-Asia are crooked, but just being slow or hoping he'll ask for store credit instead or something. I do feel bad for the guy cuz I have had problems shopping online before with an even bigger store (www.buy.com), but I did get my refund eventually, but it took several weeks.

But there has been alot of people that ordered it from play asia with things messed up, like dpad way off center etc. I dont know, maybe its just bad luck.

When exactly did we lower out standards to judging a company by responding to email and actually sending the product, is that really impressive? What about a toll free phone number? or at least a phone number to contact them period? What about one of those live chat buttons that some online stores have?

nutzo, the japanese gba sp box is not sealed like the US version so yes they actually can easily go around opening boxes to inspect them.

Why else would I order a japanese gba sp? Its 99 dollars at any of the local stores and came out to about 140 at play-asia. If they hadnt lied to me and said they checked it then I would never have ordered in the first place.

As for frontlit screens just being very hard to install without getting particles inside the screen there is several ways I can think of to prevent that and thats to add a vacuum process or a blowing process (which might not get the dust out but at least it will be stuck to the edge where you cant see it) to the manufacture line right before the screen cover is placed.

£40...

well consider yourself lucky. I ordred and had to return it to them as it was broken with a dodgy processor/firmware.

H ave not heard anything from them yet, and then will have to pay import tax again..!

oh joy its tuesday and that marks 13 days that ive been waiting for the refund.

Ceromus posted on May 27 2003 said:
oh joy its tuesday and that marks 13 days that ive been waiting for the refund.
Have you emailed them again about this? :huh:

Ive used play-asia once, and had no problems (till the postie demanded £35 at the door i knew nothing about :angry: )

doubt i would use them again

Last edited by a moderator:
Back