GBax.com or play-asia.com

Ceromus,

What did they say about the delay in refunding your money.. what excuse can they come with..>?

finally got the refund back today, everyone if your going to deal with these people put as little trust in them as possible purchasing with paypal is probably your best bet as paypal is just looking for an excuse to freeze an account and keep their money plus they can give no excuse as to a delay on refunding a payment by paypal since its instant. If your shipping back an item make sure you ship it back by a method you can track it with preferably require signature or something because there is no doubt in my mind that these people will say that they did not recieve the package.

Bought mine from Lik Sang a while back (when they were pretty much the only option) and had no problems.

Just wanted to defend Play Asia a bit here. I have ordered from them, and they were very helpful in all the emails I received. As far as I know the people running Play Asia are the people who started off Lik Sang before the whole getting sued over mod chips thing. They have had some problems accepting various payment types, but we are not talking about a huge company here - it's run by a group of people and it's just starting up.

About the dust particles in the GBA SP - they shouldn't have lied about checking, but as Nutzo said they shouldn’t have been asked to check in the first place. If this is a manufacturing fault it's up to Nintendo to get it sorted. Asking they to check each box to find the perfect SP is a bit like going through packets of cereal to fine the free toy you like.

Anyway, this isn't to say Play Asia are the best, but they certainly aren’t "a bunch of assholes who really dont care".

for your information nintendo will not help you if you have a imported version of the gba sp you can not send it in to nintendo for repairs so if you ordered an import and it got dust inside you either hope they refund the money or your stuck with it which is an obvious reason to make sure they check for dust first.

As for that analogy to a cereal box....... what were you thinking

Ceromus,

You scare me dude, i just hope Play-asia return me my GP32. I told my cousin to send it and he sent it via normal airmail.

Mailed Tom and he said he would be on a look out for my Parcel.

It normally takes 5 working days via airmail to HK, its allready been 6 days and no contact. I'll give it till the end of next week...

Keep you all posted..!

Shah

When i get my GP32 back... then i will get bubble bobble.. and newzealand story...!

Just wanted to share my experiences as well.

I searched around a bit too, for the frontlit GP32 and found these prizes on 26 May 2003:

Lik-Sang - $229.00 + $29.00(EMS) / $26.00(UPS) == $258.00 / $255.00
Play-Asia - $209.00 + $27.90(EMS) / $31.90(UPS) == $236.90 / $240.90
Entware - $200.00 + $22.50(EMS) == $222.50
GBAX - $199.00 + $27.65(UPS) + $35.92(TAX/TVA/VAT) + $6.72(Creditcard surcharge) == $275.67
Shibuya - $295.68 + $29.69(?) + $63.77(TAX/TVA/VAT) == $389.14

Other shops:
Neo-Ayato - $363.66 (306 euro)
the-discount-shop - $169.99 (no frontlight! / US only?)

I ordered it last night at Entware and this morning I found an email with the invoices attached. The customs' invoice listed the value at $80 so that should save me another $55 on top of the [ spam ]. =)

Update:
Ordered on monday evening 21:00, arrived saturday morning at about 10:30, pretty quick, considering thursday was a national holiday =)
Also, the low value on the second invoice saved me $38 on the console and about $51 on the entire order (miscalculated it before, as shipping costs aren't included)

The screen is fine, no annoying dust-particles, just a bit of a trapezoid effect with the frontlit turned on, but not annoying, the case is fine, and an english manual was included in the box. Installation and registration was a piece of cake once I found the correct site (bit of an rtfm on my part too though) and I'm now happily playing with it =)

HELP...

I cannot log into PLAY-ASIA anymore...!

How can i check my status and if they have sent me another GP32 as the last one was broken...

ANY ONE THINK they deleted my details on purpose, as when i try to log in it says email not registered..!..

I know its registered as i have bought the product off them and its the same email TOM uses to email me..!

WHAT THE HELLS going on..?

shah

anyone bough tfrom the discount store???

it's located in the u.s.a so no imprt fees!!!
and the $170 package comes with a free 128 meg smart media card

Now able to log in...

Guess what they have resnt the package today.. Well see when it comes.....!!!

Hope they have not double charged my credit card....!

Shah

$169.99 for a standard GP32

Shipping:
USPS Priority - US destinations only 3 to 4 days $ 7.50
USPS - GROUND 8 to 10 days $ 3.85
Air envelope post - International Destinations 4 to 7 days in most case $ 20.00
US postal - If you order is over $150.00 No Shipping click this $ 0.00
Global Express - International Destinations 2 days in most cases $ 36.00

Btw, Looks to me like they got the two pages mixed up, as the GP32 with the module doesn't have the reference to the SMC, secondly it doesn't say what size the 'free' module is...

Don't know much about the postal services in the states though, but as far as I know they aren't insured, so if you want to take that risk... On the other hand you could take another risk and order it from Entware for $176 and hope it gets through customs, but at least it'll be secure...

Back