GCW Zero - Open Source Gaming Handheld

I think not. You didn't quote the first sentence.

Hi-Res would be a great thing but it would drive costs too high and we are too late in the game to make changes.

Last edited by a moderator:
gcw said:
no reply as to if we can get that yet or not.....

i think he's still trying to get that higher rez screen as long as it's within sane production costs

Damn how do you say it without coming off as corny or over the top....? Well guys thanks to you all we met the goal of 100 Special Editions I will be picking two lucky winners from a hat and posting there handles in the next could of days.....

Wows love the support and enthusiasm everyone has for the GCW and its potential....

GCW I payed but I had nothing to fill, do you get all the contact information from paypal?

Well done GCW very proud you made the 100 and that to own one soon.

I LOVE the idea of OPEN handhelds. Now that GPH is just about gone or maybe is gone at this point, I wanted to support something else. I really like the Pandora but its a bit bulky and out of my price range. Almost 2 years after the Caanoo came out I thought we would have something far better. After watching this video I just cant just ify replacing my caanoo with this. Just a couple of months ago we Caanooers finaly got a psx emulator that works with just a couple frame skips and I can overclock my caanoo to 800mhz. I Thats what looks like is going on in this video psx wise. I can even run less intensive psx games at stock frequency (civ II, monopoly, chessmaster II etc...).

The only games I saw running better were the snes games with special chips. That would be Yoshis island, star fox, wolfenstein, doom, kirby 3. Caanoo has interperters for the origional doom and wolf so that leaves 3 games or so that that the gcw runs better. Taking into consideration that the screen is the same size, same resolution and is not a touch screen, cant really rotate for games that need it, and it cant run ginge to help it with its game backlog, can someone convince me to buy this? No arguments about the d pad because i dont even notice a difference when playing with the caanoos stick, in fact its smoother than a d pad. If this is not it I really really really hope theres another one down the pike that addresses these issues. thanks.

Hey gcw, congrats on meeting your 100 sales! I preordered and payed but didn't get any option to fill anything out. Do you get the info from PayPal?

Careful now, you'll encourage him to write even more poetry!

original_image.gif

Yes I get all info for shipping from your paypal account only time it would ask is if you don't have account and paid direct with credit card or some other option. As for Jutley nope not a member of GCW just very ethusiastic about the project and what will be coming down the pipe soon. I give him kudos for being excited as I think the whole team is very excited about the potential of the Zero.

Ooh. I'm excited too! :) How do you determine the nickname/handles/username or whatever? While my name is pretty close to the username, I would imagine a lot of people don't use a username that's anything like their real name or what's in the paypal info.

I didn't and I won't announce real names here the drawing was just completed we have two winners I have e-mailed them with notification and I'm awaiting e-mail back with their handles.

im thinking higher res screen would be nice fingers crossed.Touchscreen would have been handy too.

too bad it don't seems I'm one of em... well I guess I'll just let a bit more time to my e-mail to arrive :)

Back