GCW Zero - Open Source Gaming Handheld

I should have 20 gcw zeros, all brand new to sell in about 2 weeks.

Low prices too as i wanna sell thru quick.

Pm me anyone who's interested.

1469740_193138034210611_2143468029_n.jpg

BcaTFA1CEAAwMvR.jpg

Has this anything to do with the next GCW product? The "Zero" logo looks very familiar (or is it just a bad memory?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my units today.

First thoughts:

White unit has better texture than the black one

The charge light on the white one lights up the select key too.

Black case feels sturdier than translucent one. These are supernice, and they fit the pandora. US made S3cases.com T2000 model  Wonder if it will fit pyra?

Glass has turned into a plastic cup, with a throwing-ball in it...? Both made in the US, but what am i supposed to do with it.

T-shirt is not that good quality. Made in dominican republic. Also it says kickstarter on it, which isnt something i want to advertize at this point.

Pouch isnt that good quality. Not going to use. Should have sent one that was capable of wiping off the screen.

Would be nice if they  fit into the carrying case.

Only one angled usb, wonder if that is a usb otg? Would prefer if it was angled the other way.

Declaration of conformity, with supported standards in the case. Good!

Quickstart guide. The map of where all the ports are is welcoming, but it doesnt do anything that looking at the console doesnt do better...

The introduction to buttonevents is ok, could be better, rest of the guide fine. Nice to have quickstart guide. Wish it was something worthy of putting on the wall.

The "silver" aluminum fakery going around the middle part looks ugly on both models, anything would be better.

D-pad is good, abxy cluster has a very nice feel to it, the buttons could be a bit bigger.

L and R have lots of wobble, not very good. The nub is not at all good. Horrible feel, horrible actuation, no click.

Logo is ok, Would be better if the Z went into the E and R like the C goes into the W in GCW.

Also i finally learnt what GCW meant!  Global consoles worldwide. Still think its a bad name, but i can get used to it.

Sticker on the back of the White one is HUGE, on the black not so much.

No creaks from case, good.

All in all seems quite good at the very core elements, feels a bit uninspired at the rest.

The CE sticker being big was actually an accident due to miscommunication with the printing company. But the situation of why they had to order stickers even though a printed certificate is included is kinda a big middle finger to customs that rejected the first batch of outside america orders because the sticker was not actually on the devices. We have no such requirement in the states, as long as proof of certification exists. Kinda a unintentional somewhat funny unfunny situation.

Well, that might be the case, and me being as ignorant as i am, is a reason why the name doesnt work.

Forever i thought it was GWC or CGW, but now GCW has at least stuck.

Turned it on now. Menu feels just right for something like this.

The lens focus should have rounded edges, and the GCW in the background only makes it look cluttered.

GCW skin looks the best.

Unnamed monkey game and puzzletube are the games i like the best out of the bundled ones.

My right hand started hurting playing the monkey game. Geometry on the pandora is better for me, have big hands.

Dink-smallwood is a great game, enjoyed that back in the day.

Back