GCW Zero - Open Source Gaming Handheld

I got a partial day off Friday bad when no one else can seem to do the job right and they call you in. My wife got the package and I finally made it home about 6pm so will ship package off to the Q on monday he will get half I will get half we will both flash and get this out to you
wink.gif

If you are one of the 40 to get one in first shipment when it is shipped you will receive a tracking number e-mail signfying your package IE your GCW has been shipped.

Real crappy pic from camera phone but here are some from first shipment all layed out ready for flashing testing.

consoles1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are one of the 40 to get one in first shipment when it is shipped you will receive a tracking number e-mail signfying your package IE your GCW has been shipped.

Real crappy pic from camera phone but here are some from first shipment all layed out ready for flashing testing.

consoles1.jpg
Nice pic. Btw I got a paypal refund for the pre-order of my gcw-zero SE but that was only half payment asfair. If you recall I paid the other half for the gcw se when I paid for the 25 regular gcw zero's. At least you said the gcw zero se payment was included. No biggie. Do I need to pay you still for half payment of gcw zero-se that was refunded via paypal? I never recieved a follow up payment invoice btw.

There is something really poetic on taking pictures of open handhelds or game collection over a blanket, to the point I thought of a rendered layout on it.

It definently is something that hits those that have or collect it. :) and I´m serious!

Now, I can´t stop thinking about the multiplayer potential on that picture!

How many people with a gcwzero could we keep on one duke nuken session through wifi for example?

I'm REALLY interested in getting one of the GCW Zero (Special edition or not) so, does anyone know when the next batch is shipping?

I e-mailed a couple of times to CGW and didn't receibe any answer.

Sorry if it has already been answered in this thread but it is really long and the search engine didn't come up with something good.

Attack of the clones :)

That pic does look really nice...

...You should lay out a whole load of them in a Chessboard looking fashion.

Perhaps even rest some Chess pieces on the screens.... "geeeeeently"

Would make a nice shot me thinks/

I'm REALLY interested in getting one of the GCW Zero (Special edition or not) so, does anyone know when the next batch is shipping?

I e-mailed a couple of times to CGW and didn't receibe any answer.

Sorry if it has already been answered in this thread but it is really long and the search engine didn't come up with something good.
Not sure about batches per se. Perhaps the 150 gcw SE's will ship first. Tr y messaging justin here on the forums via pm about getting a gcw zero.

GCW: Hi all, as I wrote days ago in various forums I agree to buy another console 'cause someone cancelled, so please get in touch for the payment. My email is fabiomoro82@gmail.com

Dear GCW-Zero Early Adopters,

Please accept our most sincere apologies for the difficulties and inconvenience this project, GCW_Zero, has caused.

As a new company, GCW, we have made some mistakes, but through them, we are learning, and our developers are still working on improving of our software. The satisfaction of our customers is of utmost importance.

I would like to apologize to you for not meeting several of our estimated due dates. Most of these issues have been beyond my control. I am sure that you were wondering where I was and why I have not communicated as well as you would like.

During these past few months, many issues have risen to the surface. My job, health, and family, are my number one priority, and as such, these issues have and will be addressed first. Aside from my personal matters, this project is my top priority.

Unforeseen events, such as, quality assurance, a few refund requests, issues with payment options, and delivery issues, have caused delays. In the chaos, high levels of stress, and me trying to make it all work, I overlooked the fact that I have not communicated as well as some of you would like.

Please know that I, and our team of developers, are working hard for this project. We have as much invested, as do you, and we will get this console in your hands, as soon as possible. I’m sure there will be other road blocks that we will have to deal with. Just know that we are confident this console will succeed. I apologize once again and I am sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

Once units arrive in USA, QbertAddict and myself are flashing and testing each unit. We want to provide the high-level of quality and service our customers deserve.

As a customer that pre-ordered a GCW-Zero, you are an important and crucial member of the project the first adopters of the GCW-Zero. For the inconvenience this has caused, we are offering you with free etched glass with GCW-Zero logo, once we fulfill all the current orders and start production of the standard model.

If you have any questions or comments regarding this matter, please feel free to discuss it with me at gcwnow@gmail.com

Yours in service,

Justin, GCW

For the inconvenience this has caused, we are offering you with free etched glass with GCW-Zero logo, once we fulfill all the current orders and start production of the standard model.

wow, that is crazy, and really nice. and it's also not at all the kind of response we had with other projects and delay notices...

thank you very much.

do you have any information on the resulting batch of the SE production, assuming the 40 you received are fine? I'm assuming you'll use theses 40 to validate the production process and that block the next production, if all provide well, what is the kind of delay we are talking about between your confirmation for the rest of the SE production and you actually receive them?

For the inconvenience this has caused, we are offering you with free etched glass with GCW-Zero logo, once we fulfill all the current orders and start production of the standard model.

wow, that is crazy, and really nice. and it's also not at all the kind of response we had with other projects and delay notices...

thank you very much.

do you have any information on the resulting batch of the SE production, assuming the 40 you received are fine? I'm assuming you'll use theses 40 to validate the production process and that block the next production, if all provide well, what is the kind of delay we are talking about between your confirmation for the rest of the SE production and you actually receive them?
yea... didn't we have to pay for our trinket? and wasn't it more to help them rather than a gift to us for being patient?

baby metal pandora :)

Last edited by a moderator:
personally I thought comms from GCW are pretty good and regular.

I'm ok waiting for whatever has to be done tweaking the software... patience has been mastered here.

The slick looking GCW Zero glass is a nice gift though.

...wonder if it will be the pint glass or one of the others, that pic posted had a few styles eh

Back