GCW Zero - Open Source Gaming Handheld

A new member of the handheld family arrived today :)
jealous.jpg

yeah me too...

that looks solid, sort of hoping I didn't make a bad choice getting a white one :)

that screen pretty tough? GCW said he used some super tough scratch resistant plastic
Mine came with a prototype bezel, so I can't make any inferences on the final product. My bezel appears to not be made of this "gorilla glass", but from an ordinary scratchable plastic. Its about 1 mm thick and very flexible.

that screen pretty tough? GCW said he used some super tough scratch resistant plastic
Mine came with a prototype bezel, so I can't make any inferences on the final product. My bezel appears to not be made of this "gorilla glass", but from an ordinary scratchable plastic. Its about 1 mm thick and very flexible.
Thought that "gcw se" bezel was one of the hardened plastic ones.

If its easily scratchable I might get and modify one of the tempered glass screen protectors from eBay or something.

Thanks for the answer, nobody's really siad how much punishment it could take before it shows a scratch.

it's just a hard plastic, justin even gave us the name of the plastic and the link to it. it should be quite resilient but it's no gorilla glass or such

yea, I saw the link and saw things that type of plastic was in, but nothing I could reference to for a comparison

I'll probably just wait till I get mine and use the corner of it and test some stuff on it

I doubt it's more resilient than a GBA screen... I'll surely use a kind of screen protector, but it does not look to fragile

Loving my gcw got the main stuff going on it just waiting for more releases amazing device ..

I think "For gamers. By gamers." is Trademarked by Razer. Anyway, looks good. Are the SE's shipping soon?

:eek: Wtf ?! Was just on rpi official forum and you did not thank for using this forum as a source of communication

Last edited by a moderator:
19 days for a Kickstarter is a bit short (Need at least 30 IMO - especially this time of year).  Anyway you can lengthen it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back