GCW Zero - Open Source Gaming Handheld

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because many people that want to have as many systems on the go as possible, an open software device and proper controls, maybe would buy a Pandora if

this would not exist. This may endanger the existence of a P2.

I say this, because it rocks and it is quite cheap, if the price has not changed.

There are so many "open" Handhelds right now for Retrogaming and stuff (Caanoo, Wiz, Dingoo, GP2X and many cheap China Handhelds), that it's still impressive there seems to be room for another one. :)  

I don't need the GCW Zero and will not buy it but it seems to be a nice Device, pretty well made, nice Case with solid build quality and fair price. ^^

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was thinking more that this many !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! would add the required amount of gravity to his post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well curse you , I may have to buy one if I haven't bought anything else major in six months time ... The price is to low to ignore .

Guys how about posting something positive and to help the gcw kickstarter rather than wasted post !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The GCW looks like babies first portable. and that's actually a good thing - It looks clean, has the right controls. case is smooth and thin enough for a pocket.

The price is right. Pledged!

N64 is still up in the air, as far as i know there is no emu nor is anyone actually working on it (i could be wrong - and correct me if i am - but every time anyone asks about n64 it pretty much never really gets answered, aside from a loooooot of 'n64 would be so awesome on the gcw!' )
The N64 has 6 thumb buttons, the zero only has 4.  How are you going to play Zelda:OoT? specifically how are you going to play songs on the Ocarina. 

Is OoT  the only game to use all 6 buttons or something?

It has two shoulder buttons too.as long as any possible emu has a control config option it should be fine.

Well for me it's no keyboard no interest..

¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
Gnaborretni.jpg

+ fail article is fail. http://wololo.net/2013/01/12/the-gcw-zero-a-new-open-source-handheld-console-kickstarter/

Pretty much fail article, yes.

The GCW aims to be a successor of the Pandora?

I always thought of it as a successor of the Caanoo and Dingoo, and a nice companion to a Pandora or a better choice for users who are mainly focussed on retro-like homebrew games who don't care about having a desktop or keyboard... good value for the money.

And yet again, quite a few compare it with current smartphones who have specs unneeded for such a device.

I'd also love to see a Tegra4 smartphone with the same price tag as the GCW :D

Back