Release GearBoy

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Here is GearBoy, a new opensource GameBoy / GameBoy Color emulator.
preview1.png

This GB/GBC emu feature high compatibility and precision. I have packaged it with Picklelauncher. It is similar to the previously released Gearsystem emulator, but for Gameboy...

The Keys are {X} / {B} for A/B
Start/Select are also mapped as-is.

ESC quit the emulator.
'0' to switch between pixelperfect zoom / max zoom

Fn+1..Fn+5 (so F1..F5) to Save a savestate
1..5 to Load a savestate.

History log
=========

Build 01
-----------

• Initial build
  • Some Pandora customization

Nice, I've lost track of how many GBC emulators I've seen ported now. Quite a few I think.

Also, how long have you had a pyra prototype as your avatar? I've only just noticed.

Nice, I've lost track of how many GBC emulators I've seen ported now. Quite a few I think.
There isn't that much GB emulator in fact. Around 4 I would say. This one is Tearfree, and quite precise, so worth a shot if you like GB/GBC.

Also, how long have you had a pyra prototype as your avatar? I've only just noticed.
More than a year for sure, but I've lost track of how old it is (the avatar file on my hard drive is dated 20 june 2017 :p )

Tear free GBC sounds great. I think gnuboy has always had some fairly noticeable tearing. I sort of finished my long running GB/GBC game (Dragon Warrior Monsters), but I’ll see if I can use my save file with this port!

Pretty cool, I downloaded it via WLAN on my CC Pandora (it’s still works, but I wouldn’t want to use it every time for Web Browsing.), and fired up Super Mario Land DX
Works great, but I ditnt test longer than a few levels..
So there aren’t much more options now then you mentioned on the first post?
Loading a Game, playing, Savestate via fn + 1,, , and zoom ..
Ditnt saw much tearing on the previous Emulator I used (Gnuboy , 8blitter) , but I think i should play some more and other games , I’m a bit stuck at (Tetris, Mario Land, Turtles Fall of Footclan , ) games I had the most time when I used my Gameboy

Yeah, no more option (what would you like?)

Also, I notice the screenshot should be updated, it has a mistake in Picklelauncher title that was fixed before release.

Others have a FPS Meter or a option to change the ratio

But on the other side: an original Gameboy also didn’t have these features, and as it’s an Emulator who should be pretty accurate, it’s don’t need more options..

FPS meter, if you start "Live System Info", you have some fps (all gl4es games/emu will show it).

Ratio yeah, I'm not fond of "fat mario" and tend to not include that. If there is some demand, that can be added to the "0" key (so it would be "pixel-perfect" / "max-zoom 1:1 ratio" / "fullscreen")

Back