Geekiest Thing You've Done Lately

The Geekiest thingI have done lately was to start a re-write of my favourite game of all time berzerk!

It's coming on pretty nicely too!

Two things; I plugged my mini disc player into my computer and used my computer as a big fat fuck off remote. The other was I didn't have a bath till 15:30ish cause I was playing GTA.

connected a Commodore 1084 oldschool monitor to my computer as a second display, via an video card
adaptor (TV-Out), which connects via cinch to a
cable that normally connects a 3,5-stereo jack to two chinch connectors. I connected one of the chinch plugs with the vc-adaptor, so I get the signal
for the monitor on a 'mono' audio line, which allows me to use the 5 meters of headphone extension cable (3,5-jack) I had laying around
to put the little 1084 across the room, where the signal goes through another 2xcinch<-->audio jack adaptor,
and then via a scart/chinch adaptor to the monitor =)

now I can chat in IRC on this monitor, using my mobile phone as a keyboard via bluetooth :ph34r:
(or remote control winamp/media player)

That's not geeky, that's bloomin marvellous!!!!

For me, telling eveyone in another thread I'm a girl!!!! They give me some respect now! Haaaaahaaaaa!

I will....I'm especially looking forward to playing black&white with it....theres a P5 patch B)
LoL I order it when I dont have the money right now but it got more expensive over night so i wrote a mail and they said they'd sell it to me for the old price :)

I made this for ashban

bgcopy5dq.jpg

I took a picture with The Cruxshadows' (a band) stage dancers, one on each arm :p
Not really geek, but I felt like sharing it lol

PS: Darn they were hot eheh

just a tip: you do NOT use a heavily blurred object as the main attraction in a picture.

I make the rules for my wallpapers.

but if you can find me a large transparent-outside version of the gp32 logo then i wouldnt have to blur it

EDIT: And i blurred it myself

Last edited by a moderator:
Back