Genemu..... You wanted it?

crazeeplaya posted on Sep 3 2003 said:
I have created 156mhz and 166mhz versions which can be found on GP32 World

Both seem to offer good speed increases
Oooo, could someone let me know what speed you get on a 156Mhz version for the games i mentioned?

Last edited by a moderator:
I get around 23 fps with Sonic1 on 156 MHz

Edit: Witch don't mean much because I get it in the original version too (but the 156 MHz version is faster, exactly how much I don’t know).

Have the BINs gotta be converted into SMD's ? If so, i cant find that proggy to do it anywhere :(

I don't want to plug, but -please- get posting at http://www.thaworx.co.uk/genemu/ - it will save a LOT of 'this rom doesn't work' / 'how well does this rom run' posts!!!

Even if a review has been placed you can post another one if you don't agree, the scores are averaged.

- Rico

Ghouls and ghosts does work (at full speed too in 166mhz) as i play it loads.

Just a note for some people, some games (EA ones) can go a bit crazy on boot up, but they DO eventually work, just wait about 20 seconds.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

There's a big problem with the compatability list, game names alone aren't really good enough in my opinion, goodgen names or at least regions would be helpful as one version of a game can often run well whilst another won't run at all. especially seeing as the country appears to be set to USA which means a significant number of european roms won't load.

Rico posted on Sep 3 2003 said:
I don't want to plug, but -please- get posting at http://www.thaworx.co.uk/genemu/ - it will save a LOT of 'this rom doesn't work' / 'how well does this rom run' posts!!!

Even if a review has been placed you can post another one if you don't agree, the scores are averaged.

- Rico
Thats a great site Rico, is it open for other emus aswell??

You could always use the goodgen name and region when you create the game entry. Thanks for the suggestion though.

NoBrain2k: At this point it would be very easy to add more emulators to the site, have you got any suggestions? The reason I chose Genesis is because I had both fGen and genemu at the time, both are in private beta, and both have some compatibility issues. SNES emus for example run pretty much all roms and those that don't have been covered in the forums already.

craigix posted on Sep 3 2003 said:
Just a note for some people, some games (EA ones) can go a bit crazy on boot up, but they DO eventually work, just wait about 20 seconds.
Thanks for the tip! James Pond 2 is now running perfectly. Upgraded status from 'bad' to 'iffy' :)

I guess your right about other emus being covered already, i just like it ;).

I was thinking of something similar for the combustion site for bug reports (TORIS!!! ya listnin??? ;))

I might work on sumfin tonight if toris doesnt beat me to it

which reminds me... must edit my sig.. ill copy Mr Ts

Heh - nice to see a bit of activity in this thread :p

I'm gonna have a go on the 166mhz version when I get home tonight. Cheers for doing that Crazee....

Axeman posted on Sep 3 2003 said:
I'm gonna have a go on the 166mhz version when I get home tonight. Cheers for doing that Crazee....
The annoying thing is that my GP32 will only work at 166mhz for about 15 seconds :( :eek:

crazeeplaya posted on Sep 3 2003 said:
Axeman posted on Sep 3 2003 said:
The annoying thing is that my GP32 will only work at 166mhz for about 15 seconds :( :eek:
well.. thats enough for 1 level of Sonic surely ;)

Awesome!!! (Does the happy dance!)

Expect a major compatibility list from one very hardcore genesis fan!

Back