Genemu..... You wanted it?

Some of the Konami games dont work properly. Sticks on the Konami screen B) (not bitchin, jus sayin :))

Excellent release, been looking forward to this for ages. Couple of points though:
1. Will there be a version with sound, menus, saves etc?
2. Is anyone else having a problem with the 156, 166 versions. The 156 version just sits on a blank screen and the 166 version resets my GP32.
3. Does anyone else have glitches on the game select screen. On my machine I get loads of flicker.
4. I also get a sort of screen wrap where the left hand side of the screen appears in the very right of my screen.
5. Finally Sonic wont load but I guess that must be the version I am using, will try another version.

Anyway moans aside, great release, keep up the great work and thanks to everyone involved in the community.

Gm4n

This is possibly the best day of the gp32s life :D Amazing thanks zardos :)

Gm4n posted on Sep 3 2003 said:
Excellent release, been looking forward to this for ages. Couple of points though:
1. Will there be a version with sound, menus, saves etc?
2. Is anyone else having a problem with the 156, 166 versions. The 156 version just sits on a blank screen and the 166 version resets my GP32.
3. Does anyone else have glitches on the game select screen. On my machine I get loads of flicker.
4. I also get a sort of screen wrap where the left hand side of the screen appears in the very right of my screen.
5. Finally Sonic wont load but I guess that must be the version I am using, will try another version.

Anyway moans aside, great release, keep up the great work and thanks to everyone involved in the community.

Gm4n
1. Probably, this is just a beta to show that it's all working!
2. Well some units can't go that high, sorry...
3. Yes, the menu screen is probably just a quick construction for testing, without vsync.
4. I also get that on some games, it doesn't really affect gameplay much.
5. Sonic entry is http://www.thaworx.co.uk/genemu/index.php?game=7 - works for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
NoBrain2k posted on Sep 3 2003 said:
crazeeplaya posted on Sep 3 2003 said:
Axeman posted on Sep 3 2003 said:
I'm gonna have a go on the 166mhz version when I get home tonight.  Cheers for doing that Crazee....
The annoying thing is that my GP32 will only work at 166mhz for about 15 seconds :( :eek:
well.. thats enough for 1 level of Sonic surely ;)
actually, lowest u can get is 26-27 seconds ;) if i remember correctly

just bragging, was best sonic player in germany way back in 1992 :)

pretty good speed so far but, adding sound will probably be a huge speed hit. we'll probably have to wait a year or so for 100% emulation.

I think it's really fast for a beta and first release, but hasn't he been working on this for like a year or so? Wasn't that old leaked beta his?

Thanks ZJ

can't wait for sound
but i'm one of those people that listens to video game soundtracks so i'm bound to say that!

I doubt itll be a year for near full speed with sound, Zardoz is obivously very good at what he does, he'll be getting there in the next few months i suspect!

Anyway, i havent tried it yet, still at work.. 10 minutes and ill go home... :D

didl666 posted on Sep 3 2003 said:
NoBrain2k posted on Sep 3 2003 said:
crazeeplaya posted on Sep 3 2003 said:
Axeman posted on Sep 3 2003 said:
I'm gonna have a go on the 166mhz version when I get home tonight.  Cheers for doing that Crazee....
The annoying thing is that my GP32 will only work at 166mhz for about 15 seconds :( :eek:
well.. thats enough for 1 level of Sonic surely ;)
actually, lowest u can get is 26-27 seconds ;) if i remember correctly

just bragging, was best sonic player in germany way back in 1992 :)
crazeeplaya-it seems water cooling your GP32 is the only option then ;)

I finally just got to try out the emulator, I tried Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 on GenEmu and it certainly seems to show a lot of promise for a first (unnofficial) release :) Well done, Zardoz Jones! :D

Now, if only I could try out fGen.. ;) :p

Very nice initial release. I was surprized by how good the speed is coming so far. Hopefully we can look forward to more updates to this emu.

1.none of the games i have tried works at all all i get is black screen when playing any game(the approved ones),dose it have something to do with the bin files.

2. At the load game screen its a bit flickery is that a problem.

3.Is it my gp32, because im not trying to clock anything(yet) until i get a game to work

sweeeeeet, im very impressed. only tried sonic1 so far with the 156 version but its great. hats off and all that. thing im most impressed with (god i must be easily pleased) is that its full screen windowed emulators piss me off. seriously looking forward to the next release, knocks spots off the snes emulators. again well done. someone give the guy a pat on the back

Yeh - Nice release and a good speed. Just added a bunch of games to the compatability list, and i'm now off to play my top 3 running games so far........
1. Alien Soldier
2. Sonic The Hedgehog 1
3. Streets Of Rage

:)

GP32 Kirby posted on Sep 3 2003 said:
I finally just got to try out the emulator, I tried Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 on GenEmu and it certainly seems to show a lot of promise for a first (unnofficial) release :) Well done, Zardoz Jones! :D

Now, if only I could try out fGen.. ;) :p
Although it's unfair to compare the two, Genemu is a little better at speed but fGen is compatible with just about everything I throw at it (other than sonic 3D virtua racing and fighter!). I havent managed to get fGen to 156 yet either so that may over take in speed depending on how it reacts. Either way they are both very promising.

Twimfy, how did you get your hands on fGen?

Also, the old beta was indeed ZJ's, but ran a whole lot less games.

Now may I take this opportunity to thank ALL OF YOU who have contributed to the emu list! The beta only got released earlier today and already we have 206 reviews of 176 games, 128 of which are for GenesisMu. Thanks again! Especially to Retrocraig whose 'few games' was actually 25...

...you can see the ugly top reviewers list at http://www.thaworx.co.uk/genemu/index.php?toprevs (strictly for fun :))

- Rico

Back