Genemu

kotd

Website
Visit site
Hey just wondering out of curiosity why Zardoz stopped work on genemu after all the work and it was so promising :(

kotd posted on Mar 7 2004 at 12:30 AM said:
What do u mean exactly by leaked it? And was that enough to stop the project :( :(
what i mean is someone who was trusted to test the private beta of it leaked it. i think this anyway, could have been a different emu (theres been a few)

Last edited by a moderator:
It was leaked originaly but it was a much older version of the emulator. Shortly after that he anounced that he was going to continue working on it. Later on he released a version of it which had a little bit better compatability. Since then there has not been any public news of any more progress on it so I would assume that the project has been droped once again.

I remember some remark of Rlyeh in which he stated he'd use some sort of core from Zardoz his emulator for his one, fGen. This means his work is not completely lost.
No news from Rlyeh so far, and I'm still desperately looking forward to a good Genesis emulator (fGen is great, the only thing it misses is sound). However, I believe only a very few people active in the scene can do this, so we just have to wait patiently.....

Actually, I think he is busy working (real life work) too much to have time. Yes, he is supposed to send Rlyeh his asm optimised cpu core for use in fGen, but don't worry it will all get done in time :) Sometimes you have to focus on real life so you can afford to have luxury time.
If anything you should just wait for the future and use this topic to say thanks for what he's done so far ;)
Thanks ZardozJones!

Back