General C64 Emulation Discussion

jamesgood72

Still Fresh
Ordered my Pandora last week, very excited to see how this whole thing develops.

I didn't find a thread about C64 emulation here, so I thought I'd open one up.

I guess we need a port of VICE or Frodo - anyone got plans for such a beast?

Cheers,

-James.

I sure hope so, and I believe I saw the C64 "yellow" on the planned emulator list (which means someone is talking about porting one). The C64 is my favorite computer/system of all time -- in fact, I bought my GP32 originally for its Frodo port. Based on Pandora's specs it shouldn't have any trouble emulating the C64!

I too hope C64 gets a port for Pandora. I have both fingers crossed. I think C64 is one of my favorite machines of all time. So, let's hope it makes it portable. The ports for GP2X were good, if not a bit spotty on game emulation. Here's hoping we get one that can do games like Alter Ego and Project Firestart.

I'm really hoping for a c64 emulator as well. I'd throw my vote towards VICE or a new fork of VICE.

c64 is my #1 wish for Pandora, I would be eternally grateful if someone ported these -- and a SID player :)

Guys, we're talking about the best selling computer of all time here, plus an absolutely enormous library of great games. The Pandora was born to emulate the Commodores - all of them!

I think I read a few days ago that a C64 emulator was given "yellow" status because Gnostic had expressed an interest in doing a post? Is this true?

I'm counting down the days...

Does the Pandora support 50hz screen refresh rate? All the commodore emulators (in europe, anyway) use 50 hz PAL screenmode. LCD panels locked at 60 hz does not scroll smooth enught for me...

So, does the Pandoras LCD screen sync down at 50 hz too?

Excellent! I figured/hoped it would come soon enough, but never hurts to get some sort of news on these things! C64 is my favourite system...so many AAA titles...well, not by today's standards of course. :)

GnoStiC said:
don't worry, we'll have vice4pandora when it launches :)
Great news!

Looks like I'll have to get ready for that as well

GnoStiC said:
don't worry, we'll have vice4pandora when it launches :)

You are a God among gamers. Seriously. I was beginning to worry, and woosh, you swoop in and give us hope.

Rock on.

Back