General Questions About Emulation On The Pandora

Na-Noo said:
Funny thing is they don't read the "Read First" Sticky or whatever it's called.

I can't help but wonder how many of the 'read the sticky' preachers actually DID that when *they* joined the forum...

Last edited by a moderator:
Pleng said:
Na-Noo said:
Funny thing is they don't read the "Read First" Sticky or whatever it's called.

I can't help but wonder how many of the 'read the sticky' preachers actually DID that when *they* joined the forum...

Hahaha sooooooo true, difference could be things like long time lurking so having a pretty good knowledge of it all and the sort of questions that have come up. etc
But if you just hard about something and think wow, I'm not gonna do any kind of research, reading, whatever and then just ask a question that you think no one has ever asked before. Then I think you would've been better off reading the sticky or at least reading a couple of the topic headings on the first page, or push the boat out second page as well. Not even read the thread just the topic headings at least :)

Well, I think I've decided to wait. It doesn't appear that the Pandora is going to be able to do what I want it to do for a while. The PSX feature is great, but I've got no problem playing those games. Thanks for helping me decide.

Maybe I should have called this thread "How to do a search for topics in forums" :)

Sorry about it going soooo off topic ;-) keep an eye on the forums especially once it's time for second batch no idea what might have happened, things seem to move fast around here (Software wise ;) )

So to get back on topic :), I am planning on doing the same thing as Deluge; playing FF games on Pandora emulators in a semi-legit manner. Semi-legit meaning I own a physical original copy/re-release of the game so I can justify downloading the ROM.

@Deluge turns our that your reason for wanting a DS emulator is null. FF4 was actually re-released for the PSX after all, the game was released under the name of Final Fantasy Chronicles and was bundled with the best RPG in existence (IMO) Chrono Trigger! Both games were released with new anime/CG cut scenes. So you can own a legit copy of this game and emulate on the Pandora PSX emulator after all.

You could alternately go on ebay and buy the original game for the SNES and get d/l the SNES ROM for it, but just a warning the SNES FF games go for $40+ cause of their popularity. I suggest trying to find the PSX versions.

All we have to do now is wait patiently for the PSP emulator to be optimized to play Crisis Core on the Pandora.........maybe one day! By the way, if you haven't played FF7CC yet I suggest borrowing a PSP and game from someone, it is well worth it.

skater_j10 said:
@Deluge turns our that your reason for wanting a DS emulator is null. FF4 was actually re-released for the PSX after all, the game was released under the name of Final Fantasy Chronicles and was bundled with the best RPG in existence (IMO) Chrono Trigger! Both games were released with new anime/CG cut scenes. So you can own a legit copy of this game and emulate on the Pandora PSX emulator after all.

FF4 DS is a complete remake that is totally different from the original. FF4 PS1 is just a port with its own problems like load times and diminished audio quality - there are hardly any added CG movies and they're not that amazing. It'd be better to play the SNES version than the PS1 or GBA versions (or the Wonderswan Color version, bleh) but none of these are any substitute for the DS version.

Back