Genesis.. Drmd Is The Bomb?

Correct me if I am missing something here but:

Sonic 1 on DrMD 133Mhz Sound On = 45 - 50 FPS
Sonic 1 on DrMD 133Mhz Sound Off = 15 - 20 FPS

What you are saying is that it somehow runs quicker with the sound on? Is this a typo or have a couple of chairs fallen over in my attic?

Great emu by the way, savestates will make it near perfect.

Reesy could you try and get Landstalker and Mr. Nutz working on your emulator?

These are my favorite genesis games and they don't work with any genesis emu on gp32.

@Reesy:
I know I'm nobody but...

Public alpha teaser version please!

Thank You. :)

I'm not complaining. I just love genesis!

EDIT: Sound is too low (as in the pitch) in 156mhz on the current public version.
Not that I care, as mine clocks to 166.

diablo2 posted on Dec 6 2004 at 10:58 PM said:

These are my favorite genesis games and they don't work with any genesis emu on gp32.

Cyclone bug most likely, so you are SOL, as fDave has not updated it anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get mad when people get private beta's while the rest of the world is forced to wait. Oh well, the next public version will be better. :)

I just recently tried DrMD and am quite impressed! However, like FGen, I can't seem to get Shadowrun to work properly. Nevertheless...perhaps one day. Keep up the great work, DrMD is an excellent emulator!!!

DaveC posted on Dec 6 2004 at 07:20 PM said:

grumble grumble
are you positive it isn't in developement anymore

Hey real quick, what about the Zodiac handheld? I'm assuming it's more powerful than the GP right?

Are there perfect genesis and snes emu's for the zodiac?

diablo2 posted on Dec 7 2004 at 01:50 AM said:
DaveC posted on Dec 6 2004 at 07:20 PM said:

grumble grumble
are you positive it isn't in developement anymore

Well there has been no update for months, and no one has been able to contact him, so I would think it is pretty much dead.

Reesy posted on Dec 6 2004 at 08:53 PM said:
Yep the Z80 has access to the YM2612 sound chip. The Z80 uses the DAC on the YM2612 to create the voice samples. The Z80 in itself does not "create sound", it is not a sound chip. It is used to drive the sound chips, which in turn takes the load of the M68K. Freeing it up to do other cool stuff.

EDIT
Sorry this looks like I'm talking to myself, but someone "who shall remain nameless" deleted their post in order to make me look foolish :)

Heh, sorry about that Reesy. I replied, and then noticed your reply which kind of made my reply useless, so I deleted it. I now notice that you must have replied to my reply whilst I was deleting it :eek:

bast525: The Z is slightly more powerful yes, but the overhead of the OS (and the fact that some GP32's overclock to 200Mhz+) means it's pretty much the same. The one big advantage is hardware graphics stretching, instead of having to do it in software.

Thanks Reesy for the beta. :D

Zip and save support rock. ;)

With compressed savestates and brightness control, it will be perfect. :)

Reesy posted on Dec 6 2004 at 10:07 PM said:
I've just got to compress the save states and track down this bloody annoying screen bug where the screen gets scrolled weirdly. Then I make a release, should be in a few weeks.. maybe even a fortnight.

Reesy

this "screen gets scrolled weirdly" thing.

Is that the thing that happens for instance when your playing double dragon and the sort of screen wraps and repeats?

I found that pressing Left + Right to go to the menu and then Left + Right to go back to the game sort this out.

If you hadn't tried that it might help you track down the bug.

If not then hey ho At least I posted in this ticket :)

ps can you get dino dini's soccer working at some point. Currently hangs :(

Hey skeezix! any closer to getting kickoff 2 working with sound in castaway at 100% ona 133Mhz unit?

EDIT: oops forgot to say thanks

hmmm well I hope the new DrMD with save states is ready by the time my gp gets here anyways :)

is there a tentative release date for the new .fxe yet? I guess if your giving out betas it must be pretty far along from the last release,so how a bout it :D pleeeasseee....

Paul

Back