Genesis Games

I don't use JSP, but a kind of customised flow-chart type thing. No one else will probably understand the diagrams/notes, but I do, and that's all that counts :)

As for rom size, I will try and see what I can do. No promises though. You could use Rlyeh's emulator for the 4mb roms tho' as his will probably be quicker than mine with half it's cache memory missing.

While were on the topic of this, I'd like to make a suggestion if possible ;) Anyways, while developing your emulator, would it be possible to make it so you can load music of your own from a SMC and play the music insted of the games music?

Two problems with that suggestion: RAM & CPU Usage. Don't have to ram to store the alternative music, (although that could be fixed by streaming it from the smc like my BOR port) and don't have the processor time anyway (which can't be fixed, even if overclocked, due to the way the emulator is designed to run). Sorry !

Aww man! The lost world jurassic park is my favourite Genesis game and its just like 4024 kb. Has the guy that said he would trim the 0000s off of a 4 mb ROM do it yet? What were your results? I almost forgot, good luck coding this!

Yeah see what you can do squidge maybe you'll pull of something :) would like to play streets of rage 3 or sonic 3 & knuckles :) otherwise yeah fgen might do it fine :)

If you get this going full speed with sound I can forgive missing 8% of the games. That is still alot of genesis fun.

Well, it's now pretty much designed and I'm ready to start coding. However, it seems that Rlyeh's emulator is much more advanced already, with full speed on some games and the promise of sound support, so I'm going to let these designs sit on the back burner for a while and see what happens in a few weeks. I can always dig them back up later if Rlyeh's emulator isn't what I expected (although I think it's going to be).

this was the reason I created these designs. I will continue to work on the 68k core (as I have other projects I'd like to use it on), but I'll leave the rest out for now. I'm not saying what I will be using the core for, as it would be unfair to build you hopes up and then let you all down when it runs like a dog.

So, no it's not been abandoned, only put to the side whilst I wait to see what happens. I've plenty of other things to spend what little free time I have.

Last edited by a moderator:
well you're right, what if the other emu appears to be unbeatable, then I know I'd feel like my time/work has gone to waste :/

anyway, whatever you're doing right now, you're doing a great job on it :p I mean the two best things on my GP32 are made by you ! :p

(I'm not saying you should keep it at two tho XD)

Axeman posted on Apr 17 2004 at 08:17 PM said:
Any particular reason why? Do you want to be banned next time you blurt out something before you read a thread properly, then explain it later perfectly well? Thought not :)
A developer tries to explain and get support of his next project and that fellow does his best to trash it. He is obviously up to no good.

he didnt trash it as such. He misread the post and thaught it was about Fgen. He contacted rlyeh, he doesnt appear to be english by the way his posts read, it was an easy mistake to make. Plus he has already apologised. I think banning him was/ would be( not sure if hes banned or not) a liitle harsh.

sorry i want say that you could make a emu of amiga 500 of the cps?

sorry i am spanish :unsure:

Drumaster posted on Apr 17 2004 at 04:13 PM said:
Full speed without frameskip, FULL sound and all that at 133 Mhz?!!!

If you perform that, you'll become my second god Squidge!
I hope you're not a Christian, "thou should not worship false idols" etc :)

Back