Genesis Games

Sponge BoB posted on Apr 18 2004 at 01:44 PM said:
he didnt trash it as such. He misread the post and thaught it was about Fgen. He contacted rlyeh, he doesnt appear to be english by the way his posts read, it was an easy mistake to make. Plus he has already apologised. I think banning him was/ would be( not sure if hes banned or not) a liitle harsh.
Oh, he's banned. Axeman spoke a bit too soon :)

Last edited by a moderator:
xipi2002 posted on Apr 18 2004 at 02:50 PM said:
sorry i want say that you could make a emu of amiga 500 of the cps?

sorry i am spanish :unsure:
It's possible, but it's not what I had in mind, and it would most likely be too slow when the rest of the hardware support would be in place.

Squidge posted on Apr 18 2004 at 03:23 PM said:
sorry i want say that you could make a emu of amiga 500 of the cps?

It's possible, but it's not what I had in mind, and it would most likely be too slow when the rest of the hardware support would be in place.
Damn! that's what I was hoping for, (even without sound and clocked to the hilt!)
Anyway back on the MD emu, are you planning on using extra RAM for JIT compilation? I was just wondering, because that would explain why your emu would (in theory) be a lot faster,but more ram intensive than R'lyeh's.

Yes, my emu was designed to compile the 68k code to native arm on the fly, and then use this compiled version from there on. Much faster than any interpreted version.

Squidge posted on Apr 19 2004 at 10:37 AM said:
Yes, my emu was designed to compile the 68k code to native arm on the fly, and then use this compiled version from there on. Much faster than any interpreted version.
Why not precompile on the computer? Or is that what you are doing? Or am I dumb, and that is impossible? ;)

Well, until the code is executed (and you follow it through), you don't know what is code and what is data, so the first place you can start thinking about compiling is when your actually running it. A PC will never to be able to find all of the executable code without a lot of help from someone who knows a lot about the system it's for (and then it would take several days).

so you should be! :lol:

I think Rlyeh will pull his off but if he doesnt get sound support we can have squidges if he wants to make it! YAY! :p

tisk tisk tisk so quickly one pulls his loyalty and faith from one programmer to another :) Good luck to both of them I say. Im sure they'll both have great success.

to be honest if rlyeh manages to make his MD emu full speed(even with fs1 which is more or less unoticable) with sound and support roms greater than 2mo squidges emu might get shodowed by it, people will only use rlyeh emu. which would be sad :(

I thought about a way to load 4mb roms whilst on the toilet earlier, but I think I'll just write down that idea for another time and wait for rlyeh. Maybe he'll release his emu at the gbax compo.

Squidge posted on Apr 20 2004 at 10:26 PM said:
I thought about a way to load 4mb roms whilst on the toilet earlier, but I think I'll just write down that idea for another time and wait for rlyeh. Maybe he'll release his emu at the gbax compo.
Great to hear squidge :D THe toilet really helps to get the brain thinking so does the bed hehe :p

Anyway hope you do decide to do it. The more Genesis emulators the better ;)

yup, it's normally either on the loo or whilst driving to work on auto-pilot :) 50 miles, so plenty of time to think.

Squidge posted on Apr 21 2004 at 12:46 AM said:
yup, it's normally either on the loo or whilst driving to work on auto-pilot :) 50 miles, so plenty of time to think.
HAHA Autopilot eh :p

yeah well, it seems I start of from home, and about an hour or so later, I have to figure out where I am from landmarkings, as I've been thinking about something completely different for the past 60 minutes, so I call this auto-pilot, as I've no idea what the roads were like for the last hour, or what I've seen or what colors traffic lights like were etc. I only seem to remember the bad parts (sudden stops) and people getting in my way (moving lanes, but not actually overtaking anyone).

Back