Getting closer... (2011 - 12 - 01)

I contacted one of the guys involved with "SteamBirds", to see if he was interested in doing a Pandora version - afterall, they've gone mobile versions

Last edited by a moderator:
I contacted one of the guys involved with "SteamBirds", to see if he was interested in doing a Pandora version - afterall, they've gone mobile versions
err? Wrong thread? or start a new one?

err? Wrong thread?
At first glance, maybe.... but I thought I'd mention it hear because of this...

Do you know some indie or iOS games you'd love to see on the Pandora?

Let's gather a list and contact addresses.

I'll try to officially contact the authors and tell them about the Pandora. As we got some developers who agreed to help with porting the games, we might see some of these games on the Pandora as well!
:)

However, it seems FedEx has been trying to get the packages, but CircuitCo refused to cooperate.

EBV is now actively working on this. They've got some other plans to get the parts. They still own a large amount of the parts (I agreed to pay them once we've got the parts here in Germany), so they will have ways to get these parts back.
This is exactly what I saw coming. I hope EBV have good and fast lawyers to end this farce quickly! :angry:

(Actually I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that CC used those parts for some other project, or simply missplaced them somewhere in the desert ...)

However, it seems FedEx has been trying to get the packages, but CircuitCo refused to cooperate.

EBV is now actively working on this. They've got some other plans to get the parts. They still own a large amount of the parts (I agreed to pay them once we've got the parts here in Germany), so they will have ways to get these parts back.
This is exactly what I saw coming. I hope EBV have good and fast lawyers to end this farce quickly! :angry:

(Actually I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that CC used those parts for some other project, or simply missplaced them somewhere in the desert ...)

Well, in that case, I'll buy new parts from EBV. Leadtime is about 4-6 weeks, so it would be in time for the mass production.

For the prototype production run, I'm sure we can get samples upfront in time if needed.

But let's wait for new information.

EBV is part of AVNet, AVNet has 17,000 employees worldwide and over 300 locations... I'm sure they know what to do and I'm really really thankful that they are helping me :)

Just when you think all the drama is over, they stab you one more time. Hopefuly it gets solved promtly. Whats the value of the parts CC is holding onto?

GBAX is only down because it's a torturous process to move it to Eds server - which is almost complete.

CC's behaviour is strange, and we have some theories about what's going on, but I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theory loon.

CC's behaviour is strange, and we have some theories about what's going on, but I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theory loon.

Go on - entertain us!
Even better, ASK them why they don't want to give the parts free. They don't make any Pandoras but they won't give the parts? Did they've eat them or built into other Devices? :D

must send Tray back with a bottle of liquor and free gun from purchasing liquor

Clearly, the most logical solution is that CC built some Pandoras, and now all of the workers are playing with the device. My productivity dropped 80% when I got mine (and just beat Tales of Destiny last night).

Craig, since the question of RMAs were raised earlier: I have a unit with a failed wifi chip. I'm getting closer to the one-year-mark now, meaning that the guarantee period is coming to an end. Still, sending it back to you now (or, really, anytime since CC stopped sending boards) don't make much sense, since you can't do nothing with it without swapout boards. So, my question: Should I send it to you anyway, and let you sit on it until the production starts up in germany, or is it OK that I wait until there is a reasonable chance that you can do something about it?

Go on - entertain us!
Even better, ASK them why they don't want to give the parts free. They don't make any Pandoras but they won't give the parts? Did they've eat them or built into other Devices? :D

That would explain it! They're all robots running windows vista. B)

Way to shoot my idea! Were they waiting for me to say that the timing would be close to right concerning the missing coils? <_<

ED, I'd like you to know I really happy that you are transparent about this. I'd rather have the news than silence, be it good or bad. :wub:

Seriously, CC is really putting themselves into a lawsuit corner. Now we can add "Holding parts hostage" to the long list of wrongdoings they have done to OP.

Okay, got some more information, things are not as bad as they looked like.

CC does not seize the parts or refuse to give them to us.

But as the parts will be transported from them to Germany, they'd need to fill out an export document for FedEx. And that's what they don't cooperate with.

That's your perfect customer service there, isn't it?

Well, EBV is now creating those documents so that FedEx can pick them up ASAP.

Might even work out today, as US is behind us quite a few hours, but it might be tomorrow or even Monday.

I already made a phone call with Global Components and they have no problem delaying the prototype run for a few days.

Whenever the parts are there, we'll do it immediately.

We also try to keep the mass production run in time, the only issue could be the bare PCBs as they need 4 - 6 weeks after the prototype production run, but in worst case the mass production will start 1 - 2 weeks later which would still be January.

They will just ignore the email.
That's a little hypocritical don't you think Craig?!

Here we f'ing go. Why do we even bother with all this work.

We do answer emails, we always catch up with them all, if we didn't the project would have failed years ago. You know this, you have read it many times.

I and Ed work full time on this for no money, extremely frustrated, but we want it to succeed.

Often companies like CC (in particular) not answering us means we can't answer customers emails with any kind of firm response.

Back