GIMP

DoubleDash

A couple of times I have tried to edit some bmp files but cannot seem to open them using GIMP. For some reason they are not recognised. I'm running off SD card and can't be sure if I re-installed the multimedia pack or not, if this makes a difference?

Anyone got any ideas?

A couple of times I have tried to edit some bmp files but cannot seem to open them using GIMP. For some reason they are not recognised. I'm running off SD card and can't be sure if I re-installed the multimedia pack or not, if this makes a difference?

Anyone got any ideas?
If you're running Gimp from the PND then that seems to be the norm. Only seems to support XCF.

If you're running Angstrom off of SD then you should have space to install Gimp from the repo, which has all the usual image formats available to it.

Anyone got any ideas?
If you're running Gimp from the PND then that seems to be the norm. Only seems to support XCF.

If you're running Angstrom off of SD then you should have space to install Gimp from the repo, which has all the usual image formats available to it.

Thanks Surt

I suppose that's a quick solution. It's a shame the pnd version is somewhat restricted in this way. Perhaps it just needs a recompile with additional formats added?

*sigh*

That GIMP PND was a proof of concept for quickly taking programs from the Angstrom repository and wrapping them with some AuFS tricks to get them running in a PND.

It was not supposed to be released ( outside the original thread much anyway, so I could track bugs - and no-one told me at the time about file formats being iffy, ) and whoever uploaded it to the package site without my permission is now in my bad books :p

I'm looking into properly compiling it now, seeing as I've had a few complaints about it not working.. though I'm not happy about one of my apps being uploaded without it being checked by me first.

Last edited by a moderator:
*sigh*

That GIMP PND was a proof of concept for quickly taking programs from the Angstrom repository and wrapping them with some AuFS tricks to get them running in a PND.

It was not supposed to be released ( outside the original thread much anyway, so I could track bugs - and no-one told me at the time about file formats being iffy, ) and whoever uploaded it to the package site without my permission is now in my bad books :p

I'm looking into properly compiling it now, seeing as I've had a few complaints about it not working.. though I'm not happy about one of my apps being uploaded without it being checked by me first.

Thanks Stuckie.

Didn't know the history so did not mean to whinge :)

Your hard work is much appreciated. It's great being able to dev on the move and another version would definitely help here, when you get time.

....track them down and shoot them I say .....

Back