Thruster 1.2 - Works great
MAME GP2x 5.1 (Blockout) - Works, but only distorted sound in the background
T2K (Jaguar Tempest emulator) - Only start screen is visible
Pipes (Java) - Don't work, goes back to Wiz desktop

hi everyone. i'm member of gpain.com

anyway..

I'm trying to run oldplay on my wiz..

Look This -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9e-BLaMTo4

it's running good. sound perfect. (Except Display..)

p.s. my camera can't recording sound -_-;;

Hey Attenborough B)

OT: About FunGP
Does PC Manager (KOR version) work on your computer ?
Can you register your devices (Wiz or Caanoo) by FunGP (product number and such things) ?

We have some problems with FunGP.com, and I wonder if it's the same for FunGP.co.kr :p

[/OT]

Mr 2X said:
Hey Attenborough B)

OT: About FunGP
Does PC Manager (KOR version) work on your computer ?
Can you register your devices (Wiz or Caanoo) by FunGP (product number and such things) ?

We have some problems with FunGP.com, and I wonder if it's the same for FunGP.co.kr :p

[/OT]

We have several cases. some people can register. some people can't
(I have already registered for my WIZ to FunGP)

PC Manager is working on my PC. but can only NAND, not working SDHC.
(some people can, some people can't)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reo said:
Cave Story is pretty much the only game I have for GINGE, so I GINGE'd it. I deleted all the GP2X menu resources and executable, and changed the launch script to call ginge_prep with the argument "dokutsu.gpe". Then, I stuck all the GINGE files with the Cave Story files. Now whenever ginge.gpe is called, it launches Cave Story. I love it.

I would very much like to do this as well. I'd like to be able to launch Payback, Protozoa and Cave Story without launching Ginge first. I use Win2X and would like to launch these games from the desktop, the same way I launch my emulators. In which file do I change the ginge_prep argument. I'm pretty good at figuring this stuff out on my own, but not really sure where to start on this one.

Thanks!

Create a file with a text editor that supports unix line endings (don't use notepad, notepad++/editplus/whatever would do; select unix/LF line endings). Name it whatyoulike.gpe, save it in the game's folder on SD card, with content like this:
Code:
/mnt/sd/where_ginge_is_on_sd/ginge_prep yourgame.gpe

for example, save a .gpe file with this content in Cave Story folder:
Code:
/mnt/sd/emulators/ginge/ginge_prep dokutsu.gpe

I'm really impressed with what you have done, Notaz.. I was considering doing something similar with Open2X by hacking the mmap system call but you've pulled it off without needing a modified kernel, pretty impressive. Enjoying Cave Story and Payback on my Wiz now.

notaz said:
Create a file with a text editor that supports unix line endings (don't use notepad, notepad++/editplus/whatever would do; select unix/LF line endings). Name it whatyoulike.gpe, save it in the game's folder on SD card, with content like this:
Code:
/mnt/sd/where_ginge_is_on_sd/ginge_prep yourgame.gpe

for example, save a .gpe file with this content in Cave Story folder:
Code:
/mnt/sd/emulators/ginge/ginge_prep dokutsu.gpe

Thanks for the help Notaz, but it isn't working. With Cave Story, it shows the first screen (text telling you that some files need to be unpacked) but then goes right back to the Wiz screen. I used Text Wrangler on OS X so I know the unix line endings are correct. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Is there any way to make ZDoom works in Ginge? I was looking for Ginge mostly to play Doom mods in Wiz, PrDoom is not enough. Ginge is just fantastic, an amazing piece of software, but is a pity that ZDoom doesnt work. :(

Sorry for my poor english.

notaz said:
paste full contents of your script here and I'll check.

So, I use a file named cave.gpe. I tried:

/mnt/WIZSD/game/Ginge/ginge_prep doukutsu.gpe

and

/mnt/WIZSD/game/Ginge/ginge_prep /CaveStory/doukutsu.gpe

I've placed each of my GP2x games inside their own folder in the Ginge folder. Nothing appears to be happening, when I launch cave.gpe the entire wiz crashes and I have to reboot.

thanks.

The wiz always mounts to /mnt/sd/, so try:
Code:
/mnt/sd/game/Ginge/ginge_prep ./doukutsu.gpe

cd /usr/gp2x
exec ./gp2xmenu

The last 2 commands will re-run Wiz menu for you on exit. If it still fails try
Code:
/mnt/sd/game/Ginge/ginge_prep ./doukutsu.gpe > /mnt/sd/gingelog.txt 2>&1
sync

cd /usr/gp2x
exec ./gp2xmenu

and check gingelog.txt on your SD.

I was wondering something mostly hypothetical. Would something like Ginge be able to run GP32 apps or does the lack of linux prevent it? The GP32 was even simpler than a GP2X or Wiz. I think it was just an ARM CPU and a few other simple bits.

It's all about all involved devices having Linux, so no. To emulate GP32 you'd need a recompiler, somewhat similar effort to emulating GBA, perhaps a bit easier due to simple video hardware on GP32.

Hey, just a quick addition; Garden2x used to have inverted colors, but now for some odd reason the colors are fixed but the game itself won't show up (I just get a black screen). The only reason I know the colors are fixed is because when I shut off my Wiz, the game screen blinks back up to the screen just before halting.

Oldplay works fine with GINGE, however, I noticed that the function that turns off the backlight does not work.

Back