Global Components did it again :)

I am using class 6 sdhc cards, a 4gb for my apps and a 16gb for my roms. i am using the current stable version of snes9x4p , I am not trying to criticize the pandora as I love it and what it stands for as well as GNU/Linux as well.

So I consider my self a realist and that's why I am getting a 1ghz unit cause I find this to be a joke

evildragon claims that all these snes games run full speed no skips or slow downs, I assure you I have my 1st run 512mb ram unit clocked to 800mhz with superzaxxon 1.5 beta 4 and everyone of them chug, can anyone else confirm this or am I nuts?
Make sure you have HW scaling on.

how does one turn HW scaling on?????

I was having a similar speed problem with my 256 Pamdora was Snes emulation, you can check what screen mode you're using during emulation by going to the menu accessed by the space bar. I fixed the problem by deleting my config and profile files from within the relevant appdata directory, everything runs much better now!(maybe there was a rogue cpuspeed setting in my old ones that was causing the slowdown, that was my guess?)

Hope this helps somebody out there!! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone tell me about when I can expect my Pandora?
as far as i can tell preorders around feb 2009 are currently being delivered.

your apr 2009 preorder shouldnt take too long any more.

I ordered my pre-order back in January 2009 (from CraigX's shop) - no sign of my order here. I think if you ordered from Ed's shop he might have shipped 02/2009 orders - but not CraigX's (unless i've been missed out :-( )

I ordered my pre-order back in January 2009 (from CraigX's shop) - no sign of my order here. I think if you ordered from Ed's shop he might have shipped 02/2009 orders - but not CraigX's (unless i've been missed out :-( )
Yeah, I ordered Feb 2009 from Craig, and to put it like this, I just ditched that and upgraded to 1Ghz, figured that would go faster. And by the looks of it, I was right, at least if they ship the rest of the 1Ghz batch this/next week.

yeh i was talking about eds deliveries. dunno about craigs business.

oldjim seems to be located in switzerland, so i guessed he ordered from ed.

yeh i was talking about eds deliveries. dunno about craigs business.

oldjim seems to be located in switzerland, so i guessed he ordered from ed.

sorry, but switzerland should be craigx normally or I was mistakenly leaded to order from craigx...

The Pandora page used to say that Ed only delivered to customers within the EU, so yeah. I think he's changed his mind about who to sell to round about when production moved to Germany and main responsibility moved to Ed, but for a long time Swiss customers went sent to Craig. I'm in that boat as well.

Hello again, cant wait till I get my 1ghz unit! any how until then I have reinstalled to the latest release of everything any etc... nothing seems to help snes emulation it does run better however Its doing frame skipping with the latest release when the other one was more of a hit and miss, it is playable and near native, can not wait for the day with the multi core 1gb+ ram openpandora!

What's wrong with SNES emulation?.. it runs flawlessly on my 256MB First Batch Pandora and 512MB Rebirth Pandora at 600mhz..

I would Imagine that with a faster bus internally and faster video card/gpu it would make a huge difference, how things are coded would of cores make the difference?? I think so :) defiantly a upgrade in my option just wishing for a quad core or dual core arm, how about you stick a amd apu on there :p can you make one just for me????!!

What's wrong with SNES emulation?.. it runs flawlessly on my 256MB First Batch Pandora and 512MB Rebirth Pandora at 600mhz..

maybe the Gods just hate me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello again, cant wait till I get my 1ghz unit! any how until then I have reinstalled to the latest release of everything any etc... nothing seems to help snes emulation it does run better however Its doing frame skipping with the latest release when the other one was more of a hit and miss, it is playable and near native, can not wait for the day with the multi core 1gb+ ram openpandora!

Try deleting the appdata dirctory or else simply delete config.txt and profile.txt from within it, that fixed the issues I was experiencing with this emulator! Most games run great at 600mHz, but I have to overclock to 750 to get more demanding games like Yoshis Island playing properly!

Try deleting the appdata dirctory or else simply delete config.txt and profile.txt from within it, that fixed the issues I was experiencing with this emulator! Most games run great at 600mHz, but I have to overclock to 750 to get more demanding games like Yoshis Island playing properly!

yeah I've done all that and still nothing :/ not to worried about it, i'm sure its nothing a 1 GHz model cant fix ;)

I am glad to hear some progress is being made. I understand that you are funding old orders with new, but being an original 10/1/2008 preorder I am really starting to wonder how many people can possibly be in front of me. Is there some way to get my position in the queue? I have emailed openpandorasales@gmail.com many times asking for any kind of confirmation that I have not been somehow forgotten or passed over, but I never get any response. Is there a better address? My birthday is coming up (again) one month from now. If I do not hear something by then I think I am finally going to try to cancel and cut my losses.

Back