Gmu 0.6.3 Emerged

wejp

Website
wejp.k.vu
Gmu 0.6.3 emerged!

Release highlights:

* Queue function: Tracks in the playlist can be queued to be played next, regardless of the current playlist position and/or play mode (Modifier key + VOL+)
* Bugfixes

gmu17.png

Ah, yes, very good! Thanks a lot.

First check:

-Volume bar bug, check
-Lyrics .txt crash, check

Strangly I noticed random crashes again when CPU reduced is selected.
It remains a problem that long lyrics are not completly shown in the viewer. They are cut off at the end.
I don't know if the filesize is the reason or if the colums are limited. I will check this further.

Regards,
Stephan

Yes, the player will remember where I left off, this is a feature I wanted.

I've been using Gmu for about a week, I just got home off my 2 year mission for my church and I'm poor. I didn't have the money to buy a mp3 player but I bought a GP2X before I went on my mission so I'm using it, oh, with the free ear phones from my flight home none the less. I'm actually considering not buying a mp3 player at all(I had an ipod until it was stolen) but just use the Pandora for my music player with the clam shell closed. The only problem with the GP2X is the buttons are too easy to push so I have to set it on my desk.

Anyway, this is the most used app I have on my GP2X, I'm planning on donating when I get some money.

Thanx,
Stan

second exodous said:
Yes, the player will remember where I left off, this is a feature I wanted.

I've been using Gmu for about a week, I just got home off my 2 year mission for my church and I'm poor. I didn't have the money to buy a mp3 player but I bought a GP2X before I went on my mission so I'm using it, oh, with the free ear phones from my flight home none the less. I'm actually considering not buying a mp3 player at all(I had an ipod until it was stolen) but just use the Pandora for my music player with the clam shell closed. The only problem with the GP2X is the buttons are too easy to push so I have to set it on my desk.

Anyway, this is the most used app I have on my GP2X, I'm planning on donating when I get some money.

Thanx,
Stan
maybe you didn't know but if you press modifier (usually stick click or L) + select you can turn off the screen and "lock" the player. what you can do in that state depends on your options but it can keep you from hitting buttons accidentally.

thanks wejp for the update

Last edited by a moderator:
gmu is one of my favorite program running on GP2X.
it will be perfect if fast foward function & equalizer function,
but tihs program is great enough for now.
thanks for this release:)

just some weeks ago I was suggesting song queue'ing for ommpc2x, and now there it is on gmu :D

guess I have to switch players hehe :)

I tested a little bit more and it seems, that .txt or embedded lyrics over ca. 1700 bytes aren't fully shown in the viewer. They are cut off at the end.
Can somebody confirm this?

Regards,
Stephan

sbock said:
I tested a little bit more and it seems, that .txt or embedded lyrics over ca. 1700 bytes aren't fully shown in the viewer. They are cut off at the end.
Can somebody confirm this?

Regards,
Stephan
There is no such thing like a size limit of 1700 bytes. At least not an intentional one. ;)
When taking a closer look at your example lyrics file I have noticed something, that might have caused this behavior: Line breaks in text files are usually marked by a \n character (on most operating systems except Windows) or by the character sequence \n\r (on Windows). In the lyrics file I have found line breaks with three characters: \n\n\r I have never seen that before, but of course Gmu should still try to interpret that in a way that makes sense. Currently it looks like Gmu ignores such line breaks, resulting in very long text lines.

Currently it looks like Gmu ignores such line breaks, resulting in very long text lines.

Yeah, I noticed this behavior sometimes. Ok, I will try some different editors like Notepad+ and will see if the results are changing...

Regards,
Stephan

scanning through mp3s would get me to stop using the supplied GP2x media player. Although their scanning is hideously slow and tedious with hour long files, but at least it works.

i have a gp2x f200 (no stick i tried getting something like

CODE
Modifier=STICK_LEFT+STICK_RIGHT+STICK_UP+STICK_DOWN

to work but no avail

another good combo i considered was

CODE
VOL-+VOL+

can someone point out what i'm doing wrong? thanks in advance! GMU RULES!!!

starpause said:
i have a gp2x f200 (no stick i tried getting something like

CODE
Modifier=STICK_LEFT+STICK_RIGHT+STICK_UP+STICK_DOWN
to work but no avail

another good combo i considered was

CODE
VOL-+VOL+

can someone point out what i'm doing wrong? thanks in advance! GMU RULES!!!

Currently it is not possible to use multiple buttons as the modifier. I am not sure if it is possible at all to correctly detect four buttons that have been pressed at once. If that is possible I'll consider adding that in the next version.

wejp said:
I am not sure if it is possible at all to correctly detect four buttons that have been pressed at once.
wow thanks for the fast response wejp!

while i was playing around with trying to use multiple buttons as the modifier i noticed that trying to push all four buttons at once would almost always cause one of the buttons to be triggered when i was starting to hold the four down or releasing them (making the cursor move around). so maybe it's not the best route to investigate. i would be really happy if i could use VOL-+VOL+, that seemed natural and hitting both those keys at once is easy (i did it a lot without causing the volume to change).

as always thanks for the great audio player!

Back